Home Forums General Discussion Sebomin or Aknemin?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    natashaw
    Participant

hey all, finding this very interesting but now struggling to know what to do!  I've been offered generic minocyline tablets.. or generic MR minocycline if doc will prescribe again.  Can't seem to get Sebomin anywhere,.. Katie any joy? (apparently it caused a death for a young chap with acne problems..).   Or should I try and get something from abroad, and if so where? 

best wishes

natasha

katieb
    Participant

Hi Natasha,

Pharmacy looked it up for me on their computer, and it is still available, and ONLY in the MR variety. So I would think some chemist should be able to get it for you. I remember when the lad died a year or so ago. He took it at bedtime because he hadn't been issued with an instruction leaflet. I haven't heard of any other similar cases and assume it was just a very sad and unfortunate one-off. I expect it is perfectly safe if taken as directed. You can read all about the case here :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/7914649.stm

I wouldn't bother trying to get anything from abroad at this stage. Personally I'd try the Aknemin first, if you can't get the Sebomin.

I think Spacehoppa is taking mino (her profile says Minocin) as part of her regime. Perhaps you could ask her if it's actually Minocin and where she gets it from.

Best wishes, Katie 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ Sebomin or Aknemin?’ is closed to new replies.