Home Forums General Discussion Seasonal Allergies?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Donna RA
    Participant

I've been under the impression that my dry itchy red eyes are related to RA.  Went to the eye Dr to find out if I have an infection because they keep getting worse.  I know that dry eyes go along with RA, but turns out he said that I have seasonal allergies.  Gave me advice about which eye drops to use, and not use, told me to use 1% hydrocortisone on the eyelids, and prescription drops when needed.  I wonder if I really have seasonal allergies, because I have no other symptoms that go hand in hand with them, like sneezing, and sinus issues.  I'm thinking that my yeast/fungus issues are effecting my eyes.  Since beginning AP, I rarely get a cold or flu, so I was confused about a seasonal allergy diagnosis.  I plan to talk to my Dr about this next visit, but in the mean time, does anyone deal with seasonal allergies while on AP?  and if so, how do you deal with them?

Thanks,

Donna RA

awesomemb
    Participant

I take a singulair in the evening and use rhinocort nasal spray. I did not sneeze but I would get drainage from head into throat and then get an infection. I also am a big believer in saline spray in nose everyday to wash the germs in to the stomach. I do put eye drops in eyes several times per day, but not a perscription. If you work in dusty conditions or have glare or the a/c blows on your face that can dry your eyes and make them really red. Oh and florescent lights irritate eyes. My husband has growths in his eyes from his work environment. Dust and glare. He uses restasis.It helps make tears and keep eyes moist. Best regards, MB 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘ Seasonal Allergies?’ is closed to new replies.