Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tish
    Participant

does anyone had success with doxycycline for sd.  i think i am having allergic reaction to minocin.  very severe.  hoping it's herx, but right now doesn't seem that way.  if any one can help please let me know.  thank you in advance.

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

I hope others will chime in to answer your question, but what I do know for sure is that Dr. Brown was treating SD patients for many years before there even was such a thing as Minocin.  Mino is the newest and apparently the preferred, but it is not the only antibiotic that can be taken. 

If you will send me a private email at loomisfergusons@aol.com, I will email you with a story of an SD patient who got better on antibiotics outside of the tetracycline family.

Good luck!

Cheryl

Tish,

Why do you think you are allergic to the mino?  My mom isn't doing very well on it either.  If you could..would you please tell me some of the symptoms you are experiencing. 

Thank You,

Nicole

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Nicole:

You really should contact the doctor so your mom's reaction to the mino can be evaluated to determine whether he thinks it is an allergic reaction.

From what you are describing, it sounds like the common reaction from mino that most people are able to overcome after several weeks. Call Dr. S to get his guidance.

Cheryl

pam
    Participant

I have been on minocin for 20 months and feel OK but now my liver enzymes are very high. I have been off the drugs for 60 days and Dr.S feels I should try Doxy as an alternative and see how my liver likes it.

Is there a name brand doxy that is better than generic?

Any other doxy experience?

Pam

SD, RA

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=121]pam[/user] wrote:

Is there a name brand doxy that is better than generic?

Hi Pam,

Others may be able to tell you their preference, as I've only used generic. However, you might find this site helpful.

http://www.medicinenet.com/doxycycline/article.htm

Peace, Maz

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ sd’ is closed to new replies.