Home Forums General Discussion Scleroderma & Diabetes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Little Red
    Participant

Hi I'm new to the bulletin board, not so new to Scelro.  Diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in Oct of 1997. Diagnosed with systemic scleroderma/ terrible skin rashes in May 2004, dermatologist performed a biopsy (had never heard of scelro until the DX). Also have throat issues, & muscle involvement in Nov 2005. Also have Raynaud?s, Sjogren's, Peripheral Neuropathy, and Fibromyalgia, Arthritis

I am on methotrexate, pravastatin because of the Raynauds, also take lisinopril to protect my kidneys, for the diabetes take humalog & lantus insulin's

Is there anyone else out there with diabetes & scelro?:headbang:  How do you manage both?:doh:

Thanks, Little Red

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

LR,

Welcome to the RBF bboard. I don't have a specific answer for you related to whether there are others with both scleroderma and diabetes, but, as diabetes is also recognized as a type of so called “auto immune” disease, I do know of some people who are treating their diabetes with an antibiotic protocol (AP). While your list of meds doesn't indicate that you are currently on an antibiotic treatment, I hope you are here to consider treating your scleroderma with AP.

There are lots of folks here either getting better or already fully recovered from advancing systemic scleroderma. Ask Richie, he'll tell you, AP works for scleroderma. Ask Lynne G. she can tell you too!

Again, welcome, please feel free to ask any question you might have. If you haven't already done so, read the book, Scleroderma, The Proven Therapy That Can Save Your Life, by Henry Scammell.

Cheryl Ferguson

Jo
    Participant
    Little Red
    Participant

Cheryl,
    thanks for your imput,  I was on AP therapy when seeing a holistic dr…but my current doc's don't believe in it, “its too new and not tested”. 
    I can see I need to go back to the holistic doc.  He also studed with Dr Brown until Dr. Brown's death.  It is an hours drive away but well worth it.

Little Red

Little Red
    Participant

Jo
    Thanks for your reply,  as I wrote to Cheryl, I need to go back to the holistic dr.
    Little Red

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Scleroderma & Diabetes’ is closed to new replies.