Home Forums General Discussion Ryan is in pain

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

[user=1274]luvmywonderfulkids[/user] wrote:

Ryan is in an enormous amount of pain today and this really does not happen to him. Sometimes he is in pain on his feet if walks too much like at a theme park. Can anyone give me any ideas to relieve him a little. We have been putting cold and hot packs on him, wax therapy on his hands, ibuprofin, nothing is helping. He has an extremely large tolerance for pain so I know he is in a lot of trouble right now. He said the pain level in his right foot is about a 7 out of 10 which would be a 12 out of 10 for most of us. Any help would be appreciated!

Sue — Ryans' Mom

Sue,

The problems Ryan is experiencing can be caused by acidic wastes being unable to be excreted (can partially be that he has run out of enough mag/potassium, etc. to neutralize these acids so they can safely be excreted). 

You might possibly try putting a small amount of baking soda (1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon) in a glass of pure water and stir thoroughly, if your physician gives his ok.  If he drinks this,  Ryan should drink this well away from meal time.  

If after several days Ryan's discomfort is noticeably relieved, then this may tell you he is deficient in needed minerals for neutralizing acidic wastes which can cause gout-like symptoms.  My AP physician had me do this back in 2006, and had me drinking this every hour for two days as a test.  This significantly relieved my fascia pain.  I stayed on it an additional day, and it also relieved my bone pain.  (After this, I began learning about my pH, how acidic I was, what foods can cause high acidity, about medications, die-off, etc. also  being involved — and all the things I could do to reverse this.  This whole subject has led to DRAMATIC improvement since 2006, even on MRI and on a Nuclear Bone Scan done in November 2009. 

If this turns out to be Ryan's problem, then you will want to look into the many ways to keep this pain-caused condition from happening.  Being this acidic can cause all kinds of problems. 

Good luck to you and Ryan,

AF 

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=28]A Friend[/user] wrote:

You might possibly try putting a small amount of baking soda (1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon) in a glass of pure water and stir thoroughly, if your physician gives his ok.  If he drinks this,  Ryan should drink this well away from meal time.  

AF 

Sue, AF,

I started with 1/4 tea spoon of baking soda, add 1 table spoon of lemon juice. Tons of small ice cubes….It taste like a lemon soda. Yummmmm…..

AF, see if I am correct. pure lemon juice is considered as acidic in its natural state but turns alkaline after it's been metabolized in the body. What I don't understand is that could lemon juice neutralize baking soda?

Here comes a chemistry lesson. Hahahah…  Thanks in advance for explaining it to me. JB

A Friend
    Participant

[user=266]JBJBJB[/user] wrote:

[user=28]A Friend[/user] wrote:

AF 

Sue, AF,

I started with 1/4 tea spoon of baking soda, add 1 table spoon of lemon juice. Tons of small ice cubes….It taste like a lemon soda. Yummmmm…..

AF, see if I am correct. pure lemon juice is considered as acidic in its natural state but turns alkaline after it's been metabolized in the body. What I don't understand is that could lemon juice neutralize baking soda?

Here comes a chemistry lesson. Hahahah…  Thanks in advance for explaining it to me. JB

JB,

From reading from those who do know, my understanding is that of yours:  that though lemon is acidic, once we consume it, it becomes alkaline and helpful for acidosis.  (We need a refresher as to whether or not eating lemon by itself may not be helpful to the enamel on our teeth.  If anyone is a lemon eater, a suggestion would be to find this out; or at least brush after eating raw lemons. )  All of us probably know by now that the lemon/olive oil drink can be one of our secret weapons.   

I've read many times that lemon added to water has very therapeutic values.  I don't know the answer to your question about mixing lemon and soda in water. 

I've read/collected a number of articles, with instances where medical professionals — an oncologist, a cardiologist, a health professional specializing in yeast/fungal overgrowth, scientists in general (have forgotten other specific areas of medicine and names off my head)  have written about and encouraged the drinking of baking soda mixed with pure water. 

One of those professionals in the above list has recommended specific protocols (amounts and frequency) for use for cancer patients for certain periods of time.  Another, the cardiologist, in her book (according to my retired AP who sent me the note) suggested that every woman over 40 should consume the soda (1/4 or 1/2 tsp… forgotten which) & water combo twice a day forever. 

After reading so much on this subject since late 2006, it aggrevates the daylights out of me that our physicians who have gone to medical school are not more helpful and knowledgeable about the simple healthy tests and remedies for acidosis-related maladies.  For me this was the MISSING LINK in my recovery, even after everything else seemed to have been turning around. 

Best to you all,
    AF

luvmywonderfulkids
    Participant

AF,

Why does a Dr. have to be involved in giving this to Ryan — I can not imagine any of the conventional docs even know what this does? Is it dangerous at all?

Sue

A Friend
    Participant

AF,

Why does a Dr. have to be involved in giving this to Ryan — I can not imagine any of the conventional docs even know what this does? Is it dangerous at all?

Sue

EDIT… ADDED below:
    Sue, I found a page of links I'd saved, but the one I'm pasting for you below is by far the most detailed of them all.  You might want to print the article after it opens.  I've found it helps my understanding to have pages handy to re-read, underline, refer to.  Hope this is helpful.  AF

http://www.healthtruthrevealed.com/articles/12502533712/article
    Clear explanations are given in the link above:

In order to secure the best results with Arm & Hammer Pure Bicarbonate of Soda (Baking Soda) when taken internally, certain simple rules must be observed. Materia Medica, pharmacology and Therapeutics (Bastedo, Page 88) clearly outlines these rules to follows: [to see these rules, click on link above]

Sue,

Few, if any of us, posting on this board have medical degrees or pharmaceutical backgrounds.  I always like to put such a recommendation about asking the patient's physician.  I do not want to be responsible for any decision a patient or parent might make.  None of us can know the medications a patient may be on, what sensitivities that patient might have, what kind of reactions that might be possible from any product that might be combined with RXes, etc. 

All of this said, it is your decision.   At the very least, you might want to call the pharmacist who fills Ryan's prescriptions and ask him about this subject.  If you have a compounding pharmacist, so much the better; they are very knowledgeable of both RX medications and various natural health alternatives — because they usually have the German Pharmacopeia translated into English, and in Germany natural products are tested just like RX medications.  There, I understand, doctors are free then (because of the testing of both) to prescribe whatever they think is in the best interest of the patient. 

If you do a search for baking soda or bicarbonate of soda in the little white search window at the top of the screen, you might see something helpful on this subject.  I'll also see if I can find something to paste here. 

AF 

luvmywonderfulkids
    Participant

AF,

Your diagnosis looks a lot like Ryan's with the RA and MCTD — did you have any degeneration of your bones? Ryan's MRI came back and it does not look good. I know his conventional docs are going to demand methotrexate or enbrel. when I have it all organized, I am going to post to see if anyone can give me feedback.

Thank you for everything!

Sue

A Friend
    Participant

AF,

Your diagnosis looks a lot like Ryan's with the RA and MCTD — did you have any degeneration of your bones? Ryan's MRI came back and it does not look good. I know his conventional docs are going to demand methotrexate or enbrel. when I have it all organized, I am going to post to see if anyone can give me feedback.

Thank you for everything!

Sue

EDIT NOTE:  Sue, if it turns out that the bone scans/tests or whatever the tests are for Ryan do not look good, it might be helpful for you to hang onto the post I'm pasting below from RBFBB.  (I can't say I got any help from my oncologist with “what it was”… after they had ruled out “what it wasn't.”  And so whatever was causing this (and it was acidosis) continued for a very long time, but finding out the cause did not seem to interest any of them.  I'll be happy to be a sounding board for anything you'd like to bounce off my own experience.  AF 

http://www.rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=3514&forum_id=1&highlight=bones+magnesium

Sue,

The answer to your question is “Yes”.  In fact, it was accidentally discovered in 2000 on routine neck x-rays.  My neck was ok, but the radiologist could see problematic things on bones on the x-ray.  This set off 4 months of every kind of scan, biopsy, etc.  This repeated itself in 2003, then 2006, then 2009.  They could never find a “source” of the presumed cancer.  The bottom line to my own bone changes:  the damage and problems resulted from longterm acidosis. 

As I've read your posts for months and months, I keep thinking Ryan has a fungal/yeast problem.  This can definitely cause gastro problems you mention. 

Let's hope and pray that no tumor will be found in Ryan. 

I've posted and posted on this subject — since 2006, on RBFBB — about things as I learned about them.  There is much that shows the type of bone “metastasis” problems I had, can definitely be caused by acidosis and a deficiency of magnesium especially, along with other minerals needed to neutralize this problem. 

By the way, I opened the link I came back and edited — and it didn't open and look as good as it does when I open it on my PC.  Soooooo, I've copied it and am going to paste it into a PM and send it to you. 

Keep your faith strong!  And Ryan's immune system needs to be keep as healthy as it can be…. which I'm guessing first needs some neutralizing so the pain can be relieved. 

Hugs… gentle hugs… for both of you,

AF

luvmywonderfulkids
    Participant

AF,

Thank you so much. Were you able to reverse some of the damage? It looks like the damage has been caused by inflammation and his body scan was real good. Just his hands, fingers, wrists and feet show periarticular osteopenea.

I am trying to so hard to be strong but everything is so confusing and there are so many doctors with differing opinions. If this was happening to me, it would be different, I am so afraid that I am not going to do the right thing and Ryan trusts us so much.

Sue

A Friend
    Participant

AF,

Thank you so much. Were you able to reverse some of the damage? It looks like the damage has been caused by inflammation and his body scan was real good. Just his hands, fingers, wrists and feet show periarticular osteopenea.

I am trying to so hard to be strong but everything is so confusing and there are so many doctors with differing opinions. If this was happening to me, it would be different, I am so afraid that I am not going to do the right thing and Ryan trusts us so much.

Sue

Sue, osteopenia and osteoporosis both can be greatly helped.  In the case of a child, I'd think even reversed. 

I believe it will be VERY important for Ryan to see such as physician as Dr. S, to get his testing, evaluation, and be put on the right abx to address his problems. 

Our AP physicians, most of the time, may not know much — or do much — about acidosis.  At least, that's my experience — and was the reason I hadn't a clue as to what was going on… even though I read/researched almost daily, and stayed on a really good  diet. 

The THREE most helpful things I learned, I did not learn from my physicians: 

1) Learned from a friend about Dr. Crook's work on the yeast connection to illness; and how to avoid it and get over it, and be treated for it.  [It was through a friend in the mid 1990's that had been through a similar experience with her young daughter, that I learned about yeast/fungal overgrowth.  I'd had a jaw infection that spread to my head, visualized on an MRI.  The two years of abx for repeated illnesses (and not being told about probiotics, etc.) resulted in a systemic yeast overgrowth… though I had no clues I had this problem.  After reading Dr. Wm Crook's books and work, and consulting with him, things began turning around… but I didn't have all the facts about my body's condition from this experience, after having been through such an ordeal as the systemic problem.  I'm sure this probably figured into the acidosis some way as well. 

2) While recovering from the above and being exposed to mold in a heating system in an apartment while building a home, I again began crashing.  Once I was diagnosed with probable RA and appt had been made with a rheumatologist — I went to a bookstore and got a copy of “Arthritis Breakthrough” by Henry Scammell which included Dr. Brown's book in it.  I knew when I read it, that was the way I would go. (I'd never heard of AP or any of this before… just felt it was the way for me to go.   

3) After much improvement, after about 6-7 years, but unsolved problems continuing, then worsening pain in 2006, I called a friend, an ND, and described my problems my AP was not able to figure out.  The ND asked me to do pH testing to see if I were acidic.  TALK ABOUT A LIGHT BULB COMING ON….. answer to problem illuminated… 5.0 to 5.5…. then had to research/read for months into years, but progress almost every step of the way. 

In jest… why are some of them paid the BIG BUCKS, when it looks like we have to do so much of the work???  (Just a bit of humor here… I'm grateful I was able to find what I found, and that it has been as effective as it has been.  So many medical physicians do make their work available to us… but we must dig it out! And thank heavens for our AP physicians.  Knowledge can be useless without such as they to help us.  )

This is to encourage you.  Hope it does.  There's more, but this is enough for today. 

Best….
    AF 

luvmywonderfulkids
    Participant

AF,

Just hearing that your bones got better makes me feel so much better. Ryan has had so many gut issues that I need to find where he can get tested for pH as well. The GI doc took him off of milk which is probably hurting his bones! We have him on 2000 IU of Vitamin D but not sure that is enough.

Sue

A Friend
    Participant

AF,

Just hearing that your bones got better makes me feel so much better. Ryan has had so many gut issues that I need to find where he can get tested for pH as well. The GI doc took him off of milk which is probably hurting his bones! We have him on 2000 IU of Vitamin D but not sure that is enough.

Sue

Sue,

Ryan's gut issues may be made worse with milk products and with any gluten grains.  He can very well have what Dr. K calls “Celiac Syndrome.”  This is not true Celiac disease, but a condition where the gut lining has developed dysbiosis and reacts to gluten grains as if it did have true Celiac Disease.  Dr. K usually has her very sick patients get off all dairy and gluten grains until the gut heals, and later may be able to eat them again.  

You don't have to go to a doctor to test Ryan's pH.  This is easy to do at home.  You just need a package of pH testing strips.  But, you do need to follow recommended times/ways to test. (And don't touch the part of the pH tape or pH strips that will be dipped into urine or into saliva in the mouth.  The strip will turn either in the yellow range or greenish-to green range, with numbers beside the colors.)

To test, do this first thing in the morning — before drinking or eating anything — for testing pH using saliva and/or urine.  (I'll see if I can find a paper on this that gives details about doing this.)  Most health stores should have pH testing strips.  My favorite ones came from a Natures Sunshine dealer, and are in a little plastic packet and have detailed graphs for recommended pH ranges for different times of day.  These cost about $15.00 for 100. 

If you ask physicians about this, you would probably see them raise their eyebrows; but then they raise their eyebrows about people having Fibromyalgia and try to send them to a psychiatrist. (Interesting, but I've read that “Fibromyalgia is an acid disease.”  And, it's strange that when someone goes to ER with a suspected heart attack or stroke, one of the first things that is done is to test their pH (called a different test, I believe); but if in a certain range, they are usually given IV magnesium.  I've read if IV magnesium is given immediately, the patient usually has better chance for recovery. 

Our serum pH, in order to sustain life, must remain in a certain range, and cannot vary over a few tenths, in order to sustain life.  To do this, the body may “steal” needed minerals from fascia, bones, or whereever in order to keep the serum pH in this narrow range.  (If the body has to borrow from our bones longterm, this can cause bone problems, along with lots of pain, when needed minerals have been used up and the body has to store acidic waste in the body, because the acids must first be neutralized with minerals.) Dr. P Braun has a research paper on Magnesium Deficiency (the link has been posted on RBFBB) which says that when physicians test patients serum magnesium on lab tests, these tests are useless and are inaccurate as to our real status.  A Red Blood Cell Mineral test, I believe, is the name of the test that is supposed to be accurate.  Dr. Sherry Rogers also has written about this in her books.

About my bone scans.  I mentioned in another post that nuclear body scan last November, when compared to the previous scans of March 2007, showed improvement.  My PCP tells me to keep on doing what I'm doing. 

Good night,
    AF

luvmywonderfulkids
    Participant

AF,

This is fascinating and I am definitely going to do some homework on this — possibly this could be causing Ryan's bone deterioration — he has had chronic diaharrea for many years and we just got it under control with probiotics and diet. We did have him off wheat for a while but it did not seem to make a difference and when he had his endoscopy and colonoscopy, the GI doc said there was no problem with wheat.

Sue

PhilC
    Participant

[user=266]JBJBJB[/user] wrote:

I started with 1/4 tea spoon of baking soda, add 1 table spoon of lemon juice. Tons of small ice cubes….It taste like a lemon soda. Yummmmm….. AF, see if I am correct. pure lemon juice is considered as acidic in its natural state but turns alkaline after it's been metabolized in the body. What I don't understand is that could lemon juice neutralize baking soda?

Hi JB,

Yes, if you add enough lemon juice you will neutralize the baking soda. If you want to get the most benefit from the baking soda, don't add lemon juice to it.

Do you have pH paper? It would be interesting to check the pH of the mixture before you drink it. You could scoop up a little bit of it with a plastic spoon and test it with a little piece of pH paper.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

JBJBJB
    Participant

Phil,

That's GREAT idea. Yes I do have PH test strips.

Thanks a lot!

JB

PhilC
    Participant

Phil,

That is what we asked ourselves too and no, he did not eat anything different. We limit the amount of sugar he gets, no soda, candy, we use stevia to sweeten his drinks, and he does not drink any milk.

Hi Sue,

Is Ryan eating nightshade vegetables? The most common nightshade vegetables eaten are eggplant, potatoes, tomatoes, and peppers of all kinds (e.g., cayenne, chili peppers, paprika, pimento, green peppers, bell peppers, sweet peppers, etc.).

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘ Ryan is in pain’ is closed to new replies.