Home Forums General Discussion Richie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SS
    Participant

Hi Richie:
    As Minocin is not available which is the best substitute I can use.
    Any generic version of minocyclin is good ?
    Solodyn is extended release tablet does that have the same effect as Minocin.
    Please give your thought about it as you are using it.
    Thanks
    Regards
    sis

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

Although I am not Richie, I can answer some of your questions.

As Minocin is not available which is the best substitute I can use.
    Any generic version of minocyclin is good ?

I take minocycline tablets made by Par Pharmaceutical (a U.S. company) and can recommend them. Some people choose to order their minocycline from a Canadian pharmacy, which is a way of obtaining products not sold here, such as Aknemin, Minocin-MR, Minomycin, and Teva-Minocycline. Of those options, I would recommend trying Teva-Minocycline (a Canadian-made generic) first, if you’re interested in going that route.

Solodyn is extended release tablet does that have the same effect as Minocin.

No, because Minocin is not an extended release product.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

richie
    Participant

Hi SS –I dont think Valeant will ever start making minocin brand again and also after 20 years my insurance denied coverage –heres what I did –over the years I always ordered 10 days in advance –I built up a reserve of three months of the brand –Now I take 100 mg of brand and 100 mg of generic in a day —this way I can use this approach for 6 months or so —I use Torrent capsules as the generic now –its a long story but its actually Ranbaxy —next renewal Par sounds very good –I am also going to try and get Actavis which is owned by Teva —The reason I went to Torrent is their supply chain which is very strong –some manufacturers seem to be holding back -trying to get price increases —So far so good –good luck and best wishes

SS
    Participant

Hi Phil and Richie:

Thank you very much for your information.
    I would do the same and generic version.
    Thanks
    Regards
    ss

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.