Home Forums General Discussion Rheumatologist Needed in Florida

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    whaleharbor
    Keymaster

Ok. So…here it is.

Went to see Dr. T. in Boston.  He put me on Minocycline.  Got dizzy.  Called him.  He told me to lower the dosage.  Called him today to ask if perhaps I could go back on the Doxy but just a higher dosage of the Doxy…I had been doing well.  He said stay off everything until you see your local Rheumy.

What?  My local rheumy? The guy who doesn't believe in AP?

He said…oh I wrote him a letter he'll understand.

He won't undestand…he is against it.:headbang:

So I need a local rheumy who is AP literate to take the place of Dr. T and/or to consult with Dr. T.  I live in Fort Pierce, FL.  Close to Vero Beach, Port St. Lucie, Jensen Beach, West Palm Beach, Stuart.  Anyone out there see a doc in the area…anywhere close that is at least somewhat open to consult with Dr. T.

Argh!

my email address:  whaleharbor@yahoo.com

– – whaleharbor

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=217]whaleharbor[/user] wrote:

So I need a local rheumy who is AP literate to take the place of Dr. T and/or to consult with Dr. T.  I live in Fort Pierce, FL.  Close to Vero Beach, Port St. Lucie, Jensen Beach, West Palm Beach, Stuart.  Anyone out there see a doc in the area…anywhere close that is at least somewhat open to consult with Dr. T.

Hi Whaleharbor,

If you don't get any responses for a doctor referral, you can jot a note to apdoctors@roadback.org and ask Diane to send you a list of Florida AP doctors. Hopefully, you'll find a good one near to you.

Did you try lowering your mino dose without any improvement in the dizziness?

All the best in your search.

Peace, Maz

superperroRA
    Participant

If you were doing well on the doxy, I would go back to it. You can take as much as 100mg twice daily, plus probiotics, until you get see a new AP doctor, or whatever. Many people have gotten remission on doxy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ Rheumatologist Needed in Florida’ is closed to new replies.