Home Forums General Discussion Rheumatoid Arthritis not an infectious disease?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    APbeliever
    Participant
    APbeliever
    Participant

Wow, 61 views and no comments?

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=1212]APbeliever[/user] wrote:

Wow, 61 views and no comments?

I did a quick search and found this person is a biology professor, not a medical doctor, or a clinical researcher. There are a lot of stuff she wrote which did not have any solid research to back up, only speculations, or repeating of what had been repeated million times in the past.

She wrote:

“Over the years, many scientists searched for a link between different infections and the development of Rheumatoid Arthritis.  In the late 1920?s, tuberculosis was suspected as well as the streptococcal infection of Rheumatic Fever.  Rheumatic Fever is an inflammatory disease that develops after a strep infection, such as strep throat or scarlet fever, and affects the heart, joints, skin and brain.  Other organisms suspected were, Mycoplasma, E. Coli, and Proteus.  In the 1950?s, two investigators tried to transmit Rheumatoid Arthritis to volunteers injecting their joints with fluid, from the fluid of the joints from people with the disease.  The volunteers were not affected, which proved that it was not a contagious disease.  There is present consideration that viruses such as Epstein Barr, Rubella and Parvovirus might be causing this disorder.  Many theories were tested, but no concrete reason was supported (?Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis, 2003?).”

She said, “<span style="color: green]The volunteers were not affected, which proved that it was not a contagious disease.”[/color”> I am wondering if they did follow up study on those volunteers? What was the report on these volunteers after 10 or 20 years later?[/color]

Any how, I am not sold.

richie
    Participant

HI-what reply are you looking for ????–This paragraph hardly supports your intro to the article

Now that the mechanics of this disorder are known, scientists are working hard to find the cause.  Genetic markers HLA-DR4 and DR1 were identified in some people with RA.  There have been new insights that stress may play a role, such as a physical trauma, emotional upheaval, or anything that causes the body to produce a response to stress.  Infections such as Epstein Barr Virus, Parvovirus, Lyme disease and Malaria, which produce symptoms similar to RA, have not been left out (Rheumatoid[/b] Arthritis ? Everything You Need to Know, 2001?).

All the article says is that the cause is unknown —I think the important point to consider-is that minocin or minocycline is an effective approach for many people with RA –whether it acts as a DMARD or an anti-bacterial is almost secondary —-By the way are you following an antibiotic approach ??????

richie

Roz
    Participant

Hi AP,

I am R/A postitive. My immune system was supposed to be protected, so my Docs have had to figure out what has attacked my system.

Before AP treatment, I was given medication to suppress my immune system. Which made be worse.

Today after over 2 years of AP treatment among a few other things I am 65% better.

Hugs, Roz

Joe M
    Participant

[user=1758]Roz[/user] wrote:

Hi AP,

I am R/A postitive. My immune system was supposed to be protected, so my Docs have had to figure out what has attacked my system.

Hi, would you mind elaborating on this?  Which test was positive, and how was your immune system supposed to be protected?  Thanks

APbeliever
    Participant

I only posted this link in this forum to get your responses. This does not actually reflect my only beliefs. I really do like AP treatment along with most of you here because it has less side effects as compared to those so called immunosuppressive drugs which can maybe stop the joint destruction but introduce Steven Johnson disease, lymphomas, blindness, liver problems etc etc. It is like jumping out of the frying pain into the fire. After reading a lot of medical journals and talking to a lot of doctors and rheumys, I believe they are still searching to understand this disease along with other diseases. That leaves us to be our own doctors.

Roz
    Participant

[user=20]Joe M[/user] wrote:

[user=1758]Roz[/user] wrote:

Hi AP,

Hi, would you mind elaborating on this?  Which test was positive, and how was your immune system supposed to be protected?  Thanks

Hi Joe,

I have an elevated sed. rate with postive R Factor. When the R Factor came back positive they did another test for R/A as well which came back positive too.

For the first 2 years I had it, I do not know anything about infection and R. Arthritis.

About my immune system being protected, my MD said some things have invaded your immune system and it's my job to find out what. She has also talked to me about cell to cell signaling. MY MD strongly believes inflammation=infection. 

Best Regards, Roz

richie
    Participant

Hi–What antibiotic protocol are you on ??? Do you find itm effective ???

richie

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ Rheumatoid Arthritis not an infectious disease?’ is closed to new replies.