Home Forums General Discussion Restless legs

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Ellen RA-AP
    Participant

Hi!  I remember back on the “old website” a thread about putting something in your sheets to calm restless legs.  It was something like a bar of Ivory Soap…but probably not Ivory Soap.  Does anyone remember what I am talking about?

Much thanks,

Ellen

nspiker
    Participant

I read about a bar of Ivory soap, under the bottom sheet/bed, and no restless leg.  Haven't tried it, don't have RLS, but let us know if it works….

Ellen RA-AP
    Participant

thanks so much!  I will let you know if it helps:D

nspiker
    Participant
    Ellen RA-AP
    Participant

This is great!  It's actually one of my coworkers who mentioned having the problem.  I sent her this article too…can't wait to see if it works:cool:

Kim
    Participant

Here is a link to a previous thread on the subject.

http://rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=2850&forum_id=1&jump_to=25851#p25851

kim

linda
    Participant

If nothing else, maybe it will help SFS – Stinky Feet Syndrome. But I'll never know, since my feet always smell like roses! In the spirit of practicing what I preach, I'm going to try it for the RLS. Heck, I'll put potpuuri in my sheets if it will help me sleep better.

Kim
    Participant

Linda,

You can try it on Cisco first. :roll-laugh:

kim

judy cash
    Participant

Linda,

Your post cracked me up…………. thanks for the laugh, I needed it this morning.. …

I'm way to serious sometimes…. thanks again..

JUdy

linda
    Participant

Kim,

You may be on to something there, he has chased countless varmints in his sleep. I've been kicked in my back quite often by his little legs. But they're such nice dreams for him, how can I deny him?

[user=66]Ellen RA-AP[/user] wrote:

Hi!  I remember back on the “old website” a thread about putting something in your sheets to calm restless legs.  It was something like a bar of Ivory Soap…but probably not Ivory Soap.  Does anyone remember what I am talking about?

Much thanks,

Ellen

Ellen have you tried magnesium supplement.   It relaxes the muscles and helps you sleep better. 

Pip
    Participant

While I really want to know if the bar of soap works – read that after I fixed the RLS – magnesium, magnesium, magnesium!

Hugs,

Pip

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1188327-overview

Ooh, look what I just found – RLS and sleep disorder in one study linked to magnesium deficiency!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8363978?ordinalpos=4&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Yup – my naturopath has recommended a good magnesium tab late at night to help with sleep AND aches in the legs. She recommends crushing and then mixing in slightly warm water to help it get into the system quickly. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

spacehoppa
    Participant

I find magnesium oil actually rubbed into the calf muscles works best of all for restless legs. It works in seconds.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘ Restless legs’ is closed to new replies.