Home Forums General Discussion remission and for how long?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ekrueger
    Participant

Hey guys and girls,

Just wondering how many of you out there are in remission from antibiotic therapy and how long you've been in remission?  What's the longest remission recorded so far? How often do you flare and what is the flare usually a result of? If mino really works, why are there flares?

Thanks,
    ekrueger

richie
    Participant

Hi–MInocin sure works but all of the written material mentions that it is not a cure -rather something that will hopefully  improve your standard of living or possibly remission –As with any treatment for any disease –no certainties –no magic bullets here —

richie

richie
    Participant

Hi-One more point –I am in remission for about  4-5 years now —and I was pretty sick !!Folks flare for any multitude of reasons —overuse –weather–wrong food –on and on

richie

Kim
    Participant

Hi ekreuger and welcome to the Roadback forum,

I've been in remission for about 11 months.  As Richie stated, you control it, but can't totally eradicate the infection.  Your best bet will be to strengthen your immune system so it keeps things in check down the road.  Sorting out your immune system is not easy, it takes addressing gut issues, food allergies, proper detox, limiting inflammatory foods,  eating nutritiousously, regular exercise, and quality sleep.

Take care…..kim

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

My daughter has enjoyed remission for the last 3 years.  I have been in contact with several patients whose stories are told in the Scammell books.  There are patients who have been in remission, meaning little or no rheumatic symtoms, for 25+ years.

It is a very individualized treatment and recovery.  Some patients that I know of have been able to discontinue the antibiotic long term and remain in remission.  Others have discontinued successfully for 5 – 7 years, then experienced a flare.  Still others chose to stay on the medications that brought them into remission long term or for life.  It is a very personal decision.

Cheryl F

ekrueger
    Participant

Wow 4.5 years?!!! That sounds wonderful. How severe were you? Is yours Lyme-related or just regular RA?

ekrueger

ekrueger
    Participant

Why can't you completely eradicate the infection? That's the part I don't understand. If you have a cold that turns into an infection, you simply take a Z-pak. Presto! After a few days, you're good. Why would this infection be incurable. It gives me hope to hear of people being in remission for many years at a time. Do you have any recommendations as far as stories on this website that would inspire hope? I've looked at a few of the “testimonials” but if you know of any other remarkable stories, please share.

Thanks a bunch,
    ekrueger

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ remission and for how long?’ is closed to new replies.