Home Forums General Discussion Recipe for lemon juice/olive oil remedy?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lakes
    Participant

Will someone please post their recipe and instructions for the lemon juice and olive oil liver cleanse?

Thanks!!!

mkbeeliever
    Participant

Lakes, this is a quote from Parisia to me about the olive oil/lemon drink:

Michelle,

I don't know if you are familiar with the lemon/olive oil drink.  It was created by Mark Konlee who was helping AIDS patients.  He found out that this drink plus lecithin helped his clients gain weight and also helped with the neuropathy.

Basically, you blenderize a lemon, peel and all, with a couple tablespoons of olive oil and about a cup of water.  Pass the mixture through a strainer and drink.  It tastes refreshing.  My husband took this drink way back when weight loss was a serious issue for him.

Here's the link.

http://www.keephopealive.org/lemondrk.html

Kim
    Participant

Hey Lakes,

When I make it I use the small organic lemons, they have thinner peels.  In the blender I put the quartered lemon, 1 T. olive oil, 1 cup water, a little Stevia and a few ice cubes.  Blend and strain.

It actually tastes pretty good.

kim

p.s. when I remember to make the drink, I do so at night because that's when the liver does most of it's detoxing.

Hoping
    Participant

Is the drink ok for people like me who has acid reflux problems? It sounds like a great idea to detox my body, but because of the reflux, I am supposed to stay away from citrus fruits.

Lakes
    Participant

Michelle and Lynn, thank you!

You are a wealth of information! I know I can always come here for straight answers. You wouldn't believe some of the recipes I found on line – they include every ingredient imaginable and one even suggested drinking a whole CUP of olive oil. It even said “you will probably vomit but if you can hold it down it's good for you.” yuk, no thanks!  

Thank heavens for my friends on Road Back!

carries
    Participant

Hi! I use organic lemons…quartered…with lemon peel and all, 1 tblspoon of olive oil, and 8oz of water.

Does anyone know how often to do it….should i do it on my days i take minocycline or should i wait until the off days?

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1613]Lakes[/user] wrote:

You wouldn't believe some of the recipes I found on line – they include every ingredient imaginable and one even suggested drinking a whole CUP of olive oil. It even said “you will probably vomit but if you can hold it down it's good for you.” yuk, no thanks!  

Hi Lakes,

Hope you don't mind me chiming in here. 😉 Sounds like you were looking at recipes for a full liver flush where it calls for the full cup of “first cold pressed” olive oil?

The daily detox drink can be taken daily, whereas the “full” liver flush should only be done at monthly or longer intervals as it involves special low fat, liver-friendly dieting, drinking organic apple juice (to soften liver and gall stones) for the week preceeding the flush and then fasting with colon cleansing on the day of the flush with epsoms salts. Right before bed, you then drink the full cup of olive oil (yup, it's nasty) along with the fresh-sqeezed organic lemon juice. I had some gall bladder probs a few years ago and the liver and gall bladder flush sorted me out, saving me from needing surgical removal. 

The daily lemon/olive oil detox drink is just a modified, gentler version of the above and acts as a slow flush. It's quite a refreshing drink, a bit like lemonade and you don't taste the olive oil at all, because the pectin in the skin of the lemon, when blending, emulsifies the oil. 🙂

I like to add a hunk of fresh ginger root to my detox drink, as it's a nice natural anti-inflammatory and seems to compliment the lemon. Also, if the lemon is too strong, doesn't hurt to add an extra cup of water and ice to the blender.

Peace, Maz

mikana
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

Hey Lakes,

When I make it I use the small organic lemons, they have thinner peels.  In the blender I put the quartered lemon, 1 T. olive oil, 1 cup water, a little Stevia and a few ice cubes.  Blend and strain.

It actually tastes pretty good.

kim

p.s. when I remember to make the drink, I do so at night because that's when the liver does most of it's detoxing.

This is the one I use for Mike but I use a cup of organic lemonade instead of the water. Try to make it for him on most days.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ Recipe for lemon juice/olive oil remedy?’ is closed to new replies.