Home Forums General Discussion Re-reading The Miracle of MSM book

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jaminhealth
    Participant

I've been taking MSM now for over 3 months and up to almost 40 grams per day in usually 3 split doses.

The book fascinates me on the wonders of this Mineral Sulphur and how many of us could be deficient.  

At first I felt some real relief and now it's off and on.  Wish I could feel better, still take some aspirin every day to cut the edgy aches/pains.

Just wondering since there are so many here who Don't take MSM. 

Talked to a rheumy the other day about MSM and she said if it's helping, stay with it.  She was a bit shocked at how much I was taking.

Mentioned the AP to her, but she's not up on the therapy.  I took doxy, low dose, for about 3 months a few years ago but some clumps of hair was coming out of my head and I thought it was the doxy so I stopped.    Take care all.  And thank-you.  jam 

Jo
    Participant

Anybody can take MSM – just have to start low and move up slowly to avoid detox symptoms, and work with your doctor on reducing other “stuff” that is made to work more efficiently because if it.

The thing is that MSM is for symptoms only.  Comparable to the biologicals, only without the nasty side effects.  And it doesn't damage your immune system the way the biologicals do, so you aren't left vulnerable to other infections, tumors and cancer.

To stop the growth of the bacteria, you need the AP.

No AP, and the bacteria keep growing and spreading thru out your body – and of course then you'd need more MSM for symptom relief.

With the AP, the abx is made more effective, has better access to the bacteria, is not blocked by inflammation and can get thru the biofilms  – in time you need less and less MSM as the AP reduces the bacteria.

Maybe it's time to consider restarting the Doxy at very low, pulsed doses and see what happens???

Jo

jaminhealth
    Participant

A woman on another board I live on, said she has Graves Disease and MSM messed up her already hyper thyroid.

I drag my feet on going back on doxy due to side effects, like I thought I had.  I deal with OA and just try other stuff.

Discoloration of teeth, etc. with antiobiotics.   Maybe I'll talk to my integrative doc next visit since the rheumy I saw recently did not know the AP therapy.   And didn't sound too interested in going there.   She was pushing Darvacet, Tramdol, Ultracet…I didn't bite on those.

Gotta go back next week for bloodwork results and may mention it again.  I mentioned LDN to her and she wasn't up on that one either.    jma

Jo
    Participant

Seen several people blame stuff on MSM that it had nothing to do with.  It's either detox or other “stuff” having side effects.  I don't bother with people who can't figure  out what is what – those who can I just tell them to research it.   Lots of information available for those who are really interested .

Carolyn Myss says that some people are simply addicted to their illnesses and the attention and excuses it gives them. 

Jo

Jo
    Participant

[user=970]jaminhealth[/user] wrote:

I drag my feet on going back on doxy due to side effects, like I thought I had.  I deal with OA and just try other stuff.

Discoloration of teeth, etc. with antiobiotics.   Maybe I'll talk to my integrative doc next visit since the rheumy I saw recently did not know the AP therapy.   And didn't sound too interested in going there.   She was pushing Darvacet, Tramdol, Ultracet…I didn't bite on those.

Gotta go back next week for bloodwork results and may mention it again.  I mentioned LDN to her and she wasn't up on that one either.    jma

How low were you on?  I've read about people doing only MF 25mg because of sensitively issues.  I'm sure others will know more – but I think adding Vit C and using pulse dosing reduces the risk of a lot of that.   Maybe find an AP doc who can start you on something else -what ever works you know, but those mycoplasma bacteria have got to be killed somehow, and they are too tricky for the immune system to do it without abx.

Even just killing off teeny amounts per week is better than giving them unlimited growth opportunities.

Jo

jaminhealth
    Participant

Jo, I took 100 mg MWF for about 3 months, doxy that is.  Katherine Poehlmann who wrote the book The Rheumatoid Arthritis The Infection Connection, took doxy for 8 months and she's good now.  Totally off the doxy.  But she had RA.   I'm  just not sure since I deal with OA.  But I may know more next week when I see my bloodwork results…thanks again.  jam  

linda
    Participant

Fish oil is supposed to be good for both types of arthritis, just make sure you get the kind that does not have metals like mercury. The whole glucosamine thing is also supposed to be good for OA; I had a rheumy once tell me that it was the same thing as what gelatin is made from, so if you eat jello several times a week, you'll get the same results, only cheaper. I never checked it out, tho. My experience with MSM and fish oil are that they are okay for mild to moderate symptoms, but have not worked well for me when my symptoms are severe. But, fish oil is good for other things like heart health, too, so it can't hurt.

tbird2340
    Participant

[user=970]jaminhealth[/user] wrote:

Jo, I took 100 mg MWF for about 3 months, doxy that is.  Katherine Poehlmann who wrote the book The Rheumatoid Arthritis The Infection Connection, took doxy for 8 months and she's good now.  Totally off the doxy.  But she had RA.   I'm  just not sure since I deal with OA.  But I may know more next week when I see my bloodwork results…thanks again.  jam  

I've never read “The Rheumatoid Arthritis The Infection Connection”.. Does it offer anything new that The Arthritis Breakthrough doesn't?

Thanks

jaminhealth
    Participant

Katherine talks about her life experiences and how she attacked the RA she dealt with.  She lives not far from me and when she wrote her book I was able to contact her since she also talked about fibromyalgia in her write-up.   I invited to my home and had about 12 friends come to hear her.  Friends who deal with arthritis and FM.  She talks nutrition, supplements too.   It was a good experience and that's how I found out about AP.   We still talk online on occasion and I refer to her book off and on.  I didn't read the book you mention, tom.   I learned a lot from  her book.  jam

tbird2340
    Participant

Wow! She came to your house? That is awesome!!

You haven't read Henry Scammel's book? He's the one who got with Dr. Brown to write the book about AP.. I thought nearly everyone on AP would have read that..

So the book is good eh? May have to get it and see if I can learn anything else!

Thanks jam!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ Re-reading The Miracle of MSM book’ is closed to new replies.