Home Forums General Discussion Raynauds as a Harbinger of AI Disease

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TischSEB
    Participant

Hi,

So we started Minocin several days ago – and now time to watch the pot boil…
    Not sure if this has been covered on the board before, but has anyone had Raynaud's for a length of time before the “main” condition kicked in?
    My boyfriend remembers having Raynauds for about 10 years prior to last year, when he was hit rapidly with polymyositis. I always thought Raynaud's was a circulation issue, but have only recently become aware the is considered autoimmune. I am wondering now if he had something festering as long as the Raynaud's was affecting him – and then reached a tipping point and exploded into a full blown autoimmune condition. (and by autoimmune, hopefully it is bacterial and can be treated)

jasonjuul
    Participant

Hi Tisch&SEB,

I distinctly remember my now 14-year old daughter's fingers turning purple when she was 2 and a 1/2 whenever she would go in a pool or otherwise catch a chill.  She definitely had Raynaud's back then. It wasn't until she was 8 that other symptoms of her rheumatic illness manifested enough for us to seek medical help. Consequently she wasn't diagnosed with MCTD until 2003.

So yes, in our case, the Raynaud's preceded the full-blown condition.

-John

Kim
    Participant

I know people that have Primary Raynaud's (which is what sounds like your boyfriend has) that have had it for years and not sick with anything else.

My Raynaud's, Secondary Raynaud's, came about more suddenly as my first symptom of being really sick with SD, RA, Lyme….and the list goes on.  Surely, there is a connection with Raynaud's and hypercoagulation (thick blood).  Mine is almost totally gone with the use of enzymes and sauna because my blood is becoming more normal in viscosity.  Bacteria love to hide in that thick, sticky blood so worth paying attention to.

Take care……kim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ Raynauds as a Harbinger of AI Disease’ is closed to new replies.