Home Forums General Discussion Rash is starting to improve!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BJK7493@aol.com
    Participant

Well the rash is starting to fade alittle but they bumped my steroids up to 65mg daily! I'm jumping out of my skin and already have the lovely moon face. We are still awaiting to see if we can get approval for for the IVIG.  Interestingly, my Rheumi agreed that mino helped my joints but said it did nothing for my dermatomyositis skin problems. He wasn't angry and even said he would refill the mino but could not give me the IV doxy.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Julie

sjess
    Participant

Hey Julie,

That's great news the rash is clearing up a bit. I hope it continues. I can relate to how you feel taking that prednisone :shock:!  Hang in there.

Hugs,

Sharon

BJK7493@aol.com
    Participant

Thanks! I don't know how long I can stand this high dose! He did give me some ATivan to calm me down which seems to help with the shakiness. How are you feeling? Can you tell any difference since the treatment?

Julie

sjess
    Participant

Hey Julie,

I hope you are doing better on the prednisone. I know I always responded well to it though it was hard for me to sleep on it. Glad they have given you some stuff to counter the effects.

I'm doing okay. Nothing big to report. I had several good half-days and then some not so good days. Today was pretty good. My hip/back is doing better so I am thankful for that. I hope that is due to the IV. The PT gals said that that was due to arthritis, so that would definitely be a good sign that the IVs are working.

I'm just trying to be patient. 😕

Take care of yourself!!!!!!! Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Sharon

Oh, have you posted the pic yet?

BJK7493@aol.com
    Participant

I'm glad you are doing good! My daughter downloaded the pictures but now I have to figure out how to get them to the Roadback website.  I will let you know as soon as I get them posted!

Julie

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Julie – Tom (tbird) posted a 'how to post a picture' thread a while back. Here's the link: http://www.rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=2791&forum_id=1&highlight=post+your+picture Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

BJK7493@aol.com
    Participant

Thanks, I will have my daughter try putting them on tonight

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ Rash is starting to improve!!!’ is closed to new replies.