Home Forums General Discussion RA symptoms are coming back

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mom
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    it's been a long time since I posted, mostly because I was feeling so good, I was keeping busy doing all the things I wanted to do. I even went to the gym 4 times a week.
    About a month ago I started experiencing GERD symptoms and every time I took Minocin capsule, I felt like it was stuck in my esophagus. So, I took a break from it to get my GERD under control, it's been a month and now my RA is coming back with full force. I've been experiencing severe right hand pain, sore throat and just overall weakness.

My question is, if I were to re start the Minocin, would it still be effective and at what dose should I start? Any thoughts……….

Thanks,

MOM

mom
    Participant

I'm sorry, I guess my mind is also going out, Iwas taking Vibramycin( which is brand name Doxycycline.)

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Mom;
         The same thing is happening with my SD.Doctor now thinks I have Lyme as 10 years of AP has not ended the situation.All I need are 3 little caps. of mino a week to feel just fine but if I stop it tries to come back.

casey
    Participant

Lynne,

Just wondering if you ever have or are going to be tested for lyme?

Casey

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=260]mom[/user] wrote:

About a month ago I started experiencing GERD symptoms and every time I took Minocin capsule, I felt like it was stuck in my esophagus. So, I took a break from it to get my GERD under control, it's been a month and now my RA is coming back with full force. I've been experiencing severe right hand pain, sore throat and just overall weakness.

My question is, if I were to re start the Minocin, would it still be effective and at what dose should I start? Any thoughts……….

Hi Mom,

Sorry you had to come and seek us out again, especially after doing so well. I guess the only way to know if your doxy is going to be effective again is to re-start it. I took a break for a month from my antibiotics, last May, and it didn't set me back too much and I didn't herx too much when re-starting either (unusual for me, as I'm usually pretty sensitive to any changes in my protocol). I'm trying to think back, but I think I re-started where I left off, on the same dose, just switching from mino to doxy instead. If you're nervous about possibly re-experiencing herxing, perhaps you could ask your doc if you could start on a lower dose, like 100mg QOD instead of 100mg x 2 QOD and gradually work up?

Are you unable to take minocycline due to the DILE caused by Remicade? Did your doc fear you may react in the same way to minocycline? Just wondering if you'd be able to switch to mino if your doxy was not as effective this time around.

Re: the GERD, is this a new symptom? If so, could it be related to your dicofenac? Just a bit odd that after successful use of doxy for so long that you'd start getting these probs, so wondering if it might be related to something else you're taking?

Peace, Maz

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ RA symptoms are coming back’ is closed to new replies.