Home Forums General Discussion RA stiffness`

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Maz.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    APbeliever
    Participant

When RA first struck me, I had stiffness in the hands in the morning. After I used Methotrexate , Prednisone (five months) and then Minocycline for a few weeks, I stopped having stiffness in the morning. If there was any stiffness it was only for a minute or two. Later in the day, however pains would be all over the body(monstly in hands and feets) whereas on waking up joints were somewhat tender but no pain. This has remained for 14 months now. By using LDN, I was finally able to see the low grade fever, chills gone. However, I am still having painfull hands and feet. Usually, folks with RA have stiffness in the morning whereas in my case, no stiffness remains now. I was wondering how many people have similar stories to share. Everytime, I go to a new doctor or Rheumy, they keep on asking me about the stiffness in morning which I don't have at the moment. Without the x-rays(erosions), they had a hard time in believing I had RA.  

APbeliever
    Participant

62 views and no comments yet? :crying:

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1212]APbeliever[/user] wrote:

Usually, folks with RA have stiffness in the morning whereas in my case, no stiffness remains now. I was wondering how many people have similar stories to share.

Hi APB,

Sorry you didn't get a response! I read it when I was just going to bed and was going to reply, but forgot next morning….sorry!!!

Yes, I have experienced this with my Lyme/RA, especially in my first year of treatment. I would wake up feeling pretty bad (I was very severe in the beginning), but always in much more pain by later in the day. I remember remarking about this to my doc, because I thought it was odd, too, and not RA-like at all. Pain and stiffness is supposed to diminish throughout the day, but mine definitely got worse.

I'm afraid I never did find any explanation for it, except that it may be due to an inability to release toxins. The liver dumps toxins in the middle of the night, when the body is at rest. Likely, during the day, these toxins (die-off, meds being broken down, etc) build up. It's the only rational explanation I can find for this phenomenon.

Do you have a FIR sauna? This may help and just wish I had bought one sooner! Other detoxing methods should also help, as well as checking you pH throughout the day and adjusting, as necessary. I found tri-salts helpful…alkalizing, but also helpful for relaxing tense muscles. Needs to be kept well away from abx and food, though. Also, the lemon/olive oil detox drink, epsoms/peroxide baths, drinking lots of water, etc…you know the drill. 😉

Peace, Maz

swollen
    Participant

I too don't have stiffness in the morning like I once did.  Aches and pains but not the total stiffness.  And I think because of the no stiffness – I thought I was over this.  But I'm not.  I am alot better then in the beginning though when I could hardly comb my hair or turn the door knob.  I have seen doctors for this and maybe they think if we aren't totally stiff then we don't have it or something.  I have told a rheumatologist about the antibiotic therapy and they always want to give the other medications.  I talked one into letting me get the antibiotics and if it didn't help then I might take the other medications.  So I don't even know if they really know about this type of arthritis.  I would like to tell all their patients in the waiting room about the book the Road Back too. 

APbeliever
    Participant

Thanks Maz and swollen. I have a sauna in my apt complex and I am going to try it soon. My apartment is a little too small to fit a sauna. I recently tried L-glutamine and I had really good results with it. I was little skeptical of trying L-glutamine at first since one of the side effects of L-glutamine is constipation and I have suffered from constipation problems for the past three years. I was shocked to see my intestines are really working well with it and I am not constipated anymore. My pain levels have decreased a lot due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Leaky gut which is mentioned in this forum has a lot to do with RA problems and I believe I have a leaky gut problem. Magnesium and L-glutamine seems to be healing up my gut.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=546]swollen[/user] wrote:

I would like to tell all their patients in the waiting room about the book the Road Back too. 

Hi Swollen,

If you want, you can print off a few copies of the RBF brochures on the main site to keep in your purse to hand to folk. That way, you don't need to explain anything…just say this is what you are doing. 😉

https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/aboutRBF.sub/subgroup_id/31.html

Hi APB,

That's great news that you've solved your constipation issue…that should help enormously to evacuate those toxins out more swiftly. 😀

Peace, Maz

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ RA stiffness`’ is closed to new replies.