Home Forums General Discussion RA not responding to minocycline have to take methotrexate

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Coco
    Participant

Hi everyone I just had X-rays and ultra sound on both hands and wrists.Bad news stage 4 RA.Have taken mino for 20 years and now this bad news. She recommends methotrexate to stop the erosion and fusion. I’m scared! Any thoughts or help. I thought mino was helping me but no it wasn’t. I’m very stressed and nervous about taking methotrexate. Please help!!!

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Coco,

How much minocycline have you been taking? And are you taking anything else to keep inflammation under control?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Coco
    Participant

Hi Phil:
    I take 100 mg of mino twice a day on Monday Wednesday and Friday.
    When I’m pain I take a naproxen 375 mg. But limit naproxen as I have an irregular heartbeat. That’s about it.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Coco,

It sounds like your inflammation hasn’t been controlled well enough. Since you are on pulsed dosing, you are not getting much anti-inflammatory benefit from taking minocycline. Has your bloodwork been stable?

Phil

- Albert Einstein

Coco
    Participant

Hi Phil
    I was following Dr Brown’s protocol for 20 years. Now I’m at a loss as what I should do next to reduce the inflammation without having to resort to methotrexate, which is a highly dangerous drug. I had two great AP’s both are retired. Not many AP’s where I live in Toronto, Canada. Therefore I’m asking this forum for some ideas as I am totally shocked that my RA is out of control. Thanks

Coco
    Participant

Hi Phil. Yes my bloodwork has been stable over the years. A recent new test showed my RA marker is quite high.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Coco,

I was following Dr Brown’s protocol for 20 years.

Dr. Brown didn’t use an antibiotic by itself. He also used an NSAID, and sometimes even a low dose of prednisone.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

Coco
    Participant

I have naproxen so should I use it to reduce inflammation or anything else. Just wondering??

Linda L
    Participant

Hi Coco,
    How big is your RA marker?

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.