Home Forums General Discussion RA Factor Down after 2 months AP

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    spfister
    Participant

Hi everyone:

Just wanted to share the encouraging news I got today from my blood test yesterday.  Two months ago my RA Factor was 798  and after two months of 100 mg minocycline three time a week my RA Fator was down to 225!!

Now I will be increasing my dose of minocycline to 150 three times a week.

Thanks to everyone who has helped on this website!

I told the Dr I was feeling better amd I guess the number prove it:)

SPfister

Velouria138
    Participant
    Maz
    Keymaster

Congratulations! What wonderful news and thanks so much for sharing! 😀

Peace, Maz

Kim
    Participant

Awesome! :blush:

reesak
    Participant

I am glad to hear you are doing so well!

ReesaK

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

That's a great result! So glad you're feeling well also. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Parisa
    Participant

Wonderful!  Great to hear that you have such good results in such a short period of time.

carries
    Participant

Hi Spfister! That is great news…thanks for sharing….I love hearing words of encouragement and success stories on this board!!! Good luck with your increase dosage and keep us posted!

spfister
    Participant

Thanks everyone:D

I also started plaquenil a couple weeks ago at 100 mg a day (1/2 tablet).  But I don't think that low dose could of done much, and I think it takes quite a while for it to work.  I am thinking of discontinueing the plaquenil now.  Do any of you know if plaquenil lowers your immune system?  My AP Dr. said he thought it might.  I don't want anything thay messes with my immune system after having bad bacterial and fungal infection from humira. 

Thanks to all of you for your help and I appreciate all your correspondence.  There is a wealth of information on the website.

SPfister

carries
    Participant

Hi! I take plaquinil and I dont think it is an immuno suppressive med. It is a DMARD. I take 300mg aday. Typically they say it doesnt start working until 3mths into it….but I think every case is different….I am a firm believer its the mino!!! My dr has me on plaquinil…been on it for on and off ten years…..no side effects for me….my dr said he will have me on it for the rest of my life. I dont think its even effective for me or working anymore since i have been on it for so long….but it did work on its own years ago…..but for some reason he still wants me on it…and im not argueing since he allows me to take mino.

spfister
    Participant

Thanks Carrie:

I decided to quit the plaquenil today.  I have lost weight since taking it,  this happened the last I tried to take it.  I am was 100 pds and today down to 96, when I have been trying to gain weight:X  But I am sensitive to so many foods it's hard to find things I can eat.

Still I am encouraged with the the lab results, and I think it's the mino also:blush:

SPfister

Dan_M
    Participant

Congratulations! 798 down to 225 in just two months is fantastic! No surprise that you're feeling better!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ RA Factor Down after 2 months AP’ is closed to new replies.