Home Forums General Discussion RA and phlegm

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Velouria138
    Participant
    APbeliever
    Participant

I believe you need to really search for baking soda on this forum. I am sure you will find some good tips for your problems

JBJBJB
    Participant

I also have a lot of phlegm problems. The phlegm has thickened the lung walls, especially the bottom of my lungs. Unlike yours, my phlegm is clear most of the time unless I have infection which turns greenish color. I believe it is part of the problem of post nasal drip. I have mixed connective tissue disorder. Perhaps it's part of the mycoplasma invasion.

Have you done chest X-ray? Often time, RA patients also have lung problems.

JB 

Eggs
    Participant

i have scleroderma but also have the phlegm issue. i notice it in the morning and my pulmonologist has me use a nebulizer whenever i feel congested so i dont end up sick. the nebulizer clears it all up. i guess just monitor it and maybe you should see a pulmonolgist just so he could keep track of your lungs. i just see mine every few mnths so he can make sure all is ok.

one more thing as you detox, you wont have such strong smells. lots of water and all the good stuff(eating right, sleeping well etc) goes a long way.

oh yea and aren't moms awesome? mine helps me too and I love her so much for it.:roll-laugh:

mschmidt
    Participant

I have scleroderma as well, and I've found that I have a lot more phlegm issues since starting my abx–mostly sinuses.  What's interesting is that I always had sinus infections or strep throat as a kid/teenager, and the abx seems to be re-creating at least the sinus issues of the past.  All I can think of is it's kicking up all the bugs that have been in me for so long.  Who knows…maybe it was what initially set me up for this later in life because I was on so many antibiotics to try to knock it out as a kid, and I'm sure it did a number on my immune system.  Who would've thought I'd have to go BACK to antibiotics to feel better again:shock:

My issues are mostly congestion–phlegm is clear, which either means allergies or chronic sinusitis to me. 

Velouria138
    Participant
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ RA and phlegm’ is closed to new replies.