Home Forums General Discussion RA and gout

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Linda L
    Participant

Is it possible that doctors can make a mistake diagnosing RA instead of gout? I was reading an article about chicken and the common diseases they have are Exudative diathesis /I had it as a baby/and gout. The first one is caused by lack of vitamin E or selenium and can lead to arthritis. Too much of uric acid leads to gout. Gout among poultry can be also caused if eg. chicken have too much of vitamin D3 /!/ or not enough of vitamin A. Both diseases are linked to anemia. As far as I know the main tests for gout are uric acid level and creatinine level. When I go for a blood rest I am told to drink at least two glasses of water before. With this amount of water uric acid must be dissolved, so how can the result be accurate? Finally I have found an information that because of that some doctors tell their patients not to drink anything for 4 hours or more before test. One of the best remedium to decrease uric acid in your body is apple cider vinegar. Have anyone of you tried a low purine diet?

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.