Home Forums General Discussion Question about Herx and Yeast, new on AP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    magsmc
    Participant

O.k. I have two questions: 

One, how worried about yeast do I need to be?  I am taking mino. 100 mg. twice daily on MWF.  I haven't really changed my diet in any way, but I added a good probiotic every day.  Do I need to take other precautions to avoid yeast infections?  Do I need to completely give up sugar? 

Second question:  Is a severe headache a Herx. reaction?  I have had two mind-splitting headaches since starting this, but no other symptoms that could be considered a Herx., and if anything my joints do seem slightly better, nothing else is worse.    After the first headache, in which I also had nausea and dizziness, I cut the dose from 100 mg. twice a day, to 100 mg. once a day MWF, and now have gone up to 100 mg. twice daily, MWF, so gradually increasing.  I have long standing disease so expected more of a Herx. in terms of my actual arthritis.  I haven't heard anything about headaches, so I am wondering if this is a side effect, a Herx. or unrelated?  It is unbearable!  Thanks for any words of wisdom…

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

My personal experience is that I have never had to worry about yeast – I have always been a MWF doser. I do take a good probiotic.

Re your reducing the dose then putting it up again. Have you had an AP doc's advice on this? If so, great. If not, it is worth remembering that this is not a mode of treatment wherein more is necessarily better or faster, even though that tends to fly in the face of the way we tend to view things working. Some have found the opposite to be true. In my own case, I had a long-standing condition before I started AP and had great results on the lower dose. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=411]magsmc[/user] wrote:

One, how worried about yeast do I need to be?  I am taking mino. 100 mg. twice daily on MWF.  I haven't really changed my diet in any way, but I added a good probiotic every day.  Do I need to take other precautions to avoid yeast infections?  Do I need to completely give up sugar? 

Second question:  Is a severe headache a Herx. reaction?  

Hi Magsmc,

I don't know why I started writing this and never sent it, but here is a response I made to an earlier post you made. If it doesn't make sense, now, please just disregard! I was going through old stuff and just came across it and was about to hit delete and then saw your post above. Synchronous timing! 🙂

>>> [/size]

magsmc
    Participant

Thanks, this is all a new way to think about it…as I was thinking more is better, but now see that may not be the case.  As the second headache only lasted a day compared to 2-3 days the first time, I'm going to continue on 100 mg twice a day on MWF for now and see how it goes.  Also, I was getting the headaches occasionally before the AP, so it may not even be related, but I tend to think it is.  I am eager to meet Dr. S. in July! 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ Question about Herx and Yeast, new on AP’ is closed to new replies.