Home Forums General Discussion question about doxy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    patchoulee
    Participant

Hi there I got my script for doxy today and I thought I was getting Doxycycline Hyclate when the pharmacist filled the script I got home and it's called doxy-1. Does anyone know if this is a good generic or not? I can't find much googling it.

Thanks

Angela

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

Not a clue but why not call the Pharmacist?  That way you are certain it's not a mistake.  I had one make a mistake on me before…fortunately I caught it. 

– – whaleharbor

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

Noel
    Participant

Angela

Doxy-1 is the brand name registered to the manufacturer US Vitamins Limited India

More here http://www.usvindia.com/index.html

Maz
    Keymaster

Angela, I'm not too up on doxycycline generics, I'm afraid, although I just learned recently that there is a “doxycycline hyclate” and “doxycycline monohydrate.” One is better than the other in terms of initial nausea one sometimes gets from doxy. This is something you can ask Dr B about and which he thinks might be best.

There was some info released by People's Pharmacy re: a minocycline generic produced in India (Ranbaxy) that was substandard as per the FDA this past year. I don't know if this is relevant in terms of Noel's post, but Whaleharbor is probably right…check with your pharmacist where it is made and if…if it makes you feel more comfy…ask if it's possible to switch to a 'home grown' generic next time. I'll see if I can find that People's Pharmacy article…

Peace, Maz

Maz
    Keymaster

PS Here is the original thread on the Ranbaxy mino that was not up to FDA standards, posted by Rose:

http://www.rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=1020&forum_id=1&highlight=generic+minocycline+Ranbaxy+India

That said, your generic may be perfectly fine…it might just be a “comfort zone” thing to check this out. 😉

Peace, Maz

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Angela – think there are some generics that work in terms of doxy, same as mino. My AP doc has prescribed one for me, saying it's the one that works. It is manufactured in Australia, but by a co that is part of a global manufacturing group. Here are details:

DOXYLIN 100 doxycycline hydrochloride equiv to 100mg doxycycline. Manufactured by Alphapharm Pty Ltd – which is an Australian co that is part of the Mylan group globally (http://www.mylan.com). Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ question about doxy’ is closed to new replies.