Home Forums General Discussion Question about AP dr

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mommaof2princesses
    Participant

I was wondering if any of you have seen Dr. T in Boston. How open minded is he? Is he willing to work with you on treatment, payment etc.?

awesomemb
    Participant

I saw him in Sept. I don't know about payments…I would call…He billed my ins co 350 for visit.. but the ins company must have agreement and they paid like half that. I owed just 20 (co-pay). He usually prescribes 100mg but was fine with me staying on the 75mg (which I really like and see great improvements). So he seems open minded. 😉 Regards, MB

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

when you went in do they check with the insurance as to what they will pay while you are there? I don't think my insurance will pay it and I was really hoping they woul bill my insurance and then I caould mail in payments if the ins doesn't pay

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

You don't have to answer this if you don't want to but does he have you taking it every day? Also are there decent hotels for a reasonable cost? I have been lookingonline but I would rather hear from somein that has been there instead of a website that might have outdated info lol…

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

I wanted to know if he was openminded becuase I have a Naturopath that I love who I might be convinving to monitor the AP after I see Dr. T. The only thing is she has said that if she does this I wll have to do heavy duty probiotics and other things becuase I have had severe candida problems in the past with antibiotics. So I just am hoping that he will be willing to work with ehr and approve of probioics and the dietary changeds my ND has made. I am soooo scik of cocky doctors who know it all and wont work with you I dont wnt to drive out to Boston just to find out he's like one of the others:headbang: lol thats why I am asking so many questions…I have a good feeling about him though he has obviously done his homework!

awesomemb
    Participant

I told him I took some vitamins. I dont remember if I said I had tried pro-biotics. I think most know mino can hurt your good stomach flora. I think when we went in, they took ins card and told me $20.00. SO maybe they checked while I was filling out paperwork. It is not like he is monitoring me since appt. However, he knows I have a local rheumy. He gave me many re-fills on the 75mg mino. (I take it everyday x2). He said I can come back in 1 year.
    SO regarding the hotels. We were on vacation in Manhattan. SO we just flew the delta shuttle to Boston and back(same day). There was a nice food court near his office but I don't recall seeing any hotels near there..that doesn't mean there wasn't any. :dude: MB

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

Did he have you start the Mino immediately like the day you saw him or was it after you came home? I think the nurse mentioned that there is a best western down the street or something…

awesomemb
    Participant

I started in January (self dosing) with my rheumy giving me the prescription. I started at 50×2 daily and then after two months I went to 75×2 daily, then 100×2 and could not handle it, so I went back to 75 and I am happy. Told Dr. T about trying 100 and that I felt better on 75 and he said stay with it. So I think he will write you a script that day. I don't think he has samples. I would start slow. He will advise not to eat two hours prior or one hour after pill. Take one mid morning and one close to bed time. 😎

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ Question about AP dr’ is closed to new replies.