Home Forums General Discussion Quarterly Dr visit

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    davew
    Participant

I just returned home from my quarterly Dr visit and my third visit since I convinced my regular Dr to prescibe Mino for me.

She is quite busy but takes the time to chat, so we brought out my last  blood work and compared with the previous three. She was shaking her head. All of my numbers are almost in the normal range and my functionality is at about 95%. She is still resistant to believing that this works, but cannot argue with results. I just chuckle…

Soooo, unward and upwards my friends and as Randy says” Lets' “kill the bastards” …

Hope looms eternal…

Dave

Maz
    Keymaster

Dave, that is fantastic news!!!!!!! Did you get copies of your labwork? Am I being cheeky by asking if you'd mind sharing the bloodwork glory with us? :roll-laugh:

Peace, Maz

PS. Dave – the lady in Mexico (mother with sclero) checked the Mexicali clinic and unfortunately they're not using AP anymore…told her they are using “more advanced” drugs now. :doh: Just thought you might be interested, as they'd helped you so much all those years ago.

Kim
    Participant

Made my day, Dave, but of course you know you're just a medical anomaly………your dramatic results couldn't have anything to do with the kick-ass program you're on!

Aaaaack……..these doctors can be so arrogant they can't even be happy for your success, or at least throw you a bone and say, “nice job”. :headbang:

Congratulations Dave, you must feel triumphant.  Enjoy feeling good again. 🙂

kim

davew
    Participant

Thanks for the response Maz… No, I didn't snag copies, but I do know that my rheumatoid  factor spiked on the second blood test and my sed rate reduced. The last one showed both to be in the normal range according to her. Sed rate like >12 or something like that. You all are so much better at this than I am..LOL

We drew blood again and I promise to grab a copy next time! I'm starting toget excited about the numbers thing myself! 😀

Thanks for the report on the Mexico clinic and I am very sorry to hear that they have changed. What a wonderful asset they were for me and I hoped that they could be for others.

davew
    Participant

Thanks Kim..

Actually she was quite happy, but just couldn't wrap her mind around it yet…. In time she will, I'm sure. I've already suggested that she recommend this to others and she seems somewhat receptive, but I can see those “medical school” wheels just a churning away trying to digest the fact that something contrary is happening…

Thank you again and if I didn't say it before, I am so glad that you are an official volunteer! You are a great girl and I appreciate all that you and the others do.

Dave

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Fantastic news, Dave. I remember you were concerned as to whether you would get such good results a second time around. You must be over the moon. Thanks so much for sharing. :dude: BTW,. I'd grab copies of bloodwork results wherever you can. You never know when you might need to produce some evidence for another doc down the line. Lynnie  

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

tbird2340
    Participant

Dave, awesome news.. Happy for you..

I see in your sig you were dx'd in 1981 and started AP in 1982? But then returned to AP in 2008? How long were you on AP initially and why did you stop?

Thanks, Tom

davew
    Participant

Thanks Lynnie and you are correct, I do feel great about it. I am a slow learner and will grab copies although I doubt I will ever change Drs as long as she is around.

She is my regular Dr and actually listens to me. Doesn't always hear me right away, but listens….

I appreciate your support!

Dave

davew
    Participant

Thanks Tom…

I went to Mexico in 82 when I was in dire straights. Dr C put me on Tetracycline for 1 1/2 years after which, I stopped taking the pills per his recommendation and was basically in remission until 1997 when the dreaded monster made it's reappearance.

I was in denial that I really had this crud again and gradually migrated to conventional rheummies to handle the symptoms. It slowly became worse and just when I was back in those dire straights again, I found the roadback. Thank God…

So, my appointment today was a reaffirmation on just how well this works and to have both faith and mino and good things happen.

keep the faith Tom, you are doing great…

Dave

tbird2340
    Participant

So in 82 you started AP for 1.5 years, then went in remission until 97? So from 85-97 you weren't on any meds?

Then in 97 when the RA came back you went the conventional route instead of going back on AP?

Thanks for the info.

davew
    Participant

Correct… No arthritis meds from 85-97. Full career..no problemo..

“Then in 97 when the RA came back you went the conventional route instead of going back on AP?”

That is also correct. Please remember, that it wasn't AP back then. I didn't know that AP existed as a program here in the States until last year. I searched and just happened to stumble across this website then.

tbird2340
    Participant

[user=664]davew[/user] wrote:

Correct… No arthritis meds from 85-97. Full career..no problemo..

“Then in 97 when the RA came back you went the conventional route instead of going back on AP?”

That is also correct. Please remember, that it wasn't AP back then. I didn't know that AP existed as a program here in the States until last year. I searched and just happened to stumble across this website then.

Wow.. That's incredible that you were in full remission for that long after only 1.5 years of being on abx.. Here's to a quick remission for you again!

davew
    Participant

Tom..

When I say full remission, no problem, I must amend that to say that there was damage from my intitial bout, not dibilitating, but restricted range of motion in my wrists with pain when pushed to the the extremity. I just did not suffer from bouts of pain due to inflammation or swelling or any of the other symptoms associated with RA. I completed a career in the military which included a full regimen of physical training, running etc. I passed annual flight physicals and flew as a crew chief instructor on a daily basis.

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

[user=664]davew[/user] wrote:

No arthritis meds from 85-97. Please remember, that it wasn't AP back then. I didn't know that AP existed as a program here in the States until last year. I searched and just happened to stumble across this website then.

Dave is right.  Although Dr. Brown had been using the AP therapy since the 1950s with great results, the first attempts to widely publicise this amazing therapy came in the late 1980s (when Dave was already in remission and likely not paying too much attention:roll-laugh:).

Dave, we are glad you found AP again, so happy to hear that it is working well for you the second time around.  Twelve years of drug free and RA free living is great, and now, it didn't take you too long to get things back udner control!  Bravo!

Cheryl

davew
    Participant

Thank you Cheryl. It was a great thing for me and I am grateful. I do realize that I am fortunate in how well it has worked for me and I hope that others can receive the same benefit.

Have a great day!

Dave

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘ Quarterly Dr visit’ is closed to new replies.