Home Forums General Discussion pulse dose/ vs everyday…and 2nd try for doxy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    freddiet50
    Participant

So first off i was wondering why my doctor has told me to take doxy every day and so many people on this sight talk about a pulse m/w/f dose sched.?

And secondly, after a an initial reaction to doxy, and mino,…very intense hives….i've waited 2 weeks and my doctor wants me to try 25..or 50 mg 1 time a day of the doxy and see what happens……(i had had a ct scan and he wonders if i was reacting to the dye)…. heres hoping!

And finally, as far as oil of oregano goes..is it ok to take that with AP?

thanks you ,

freddie

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Freddie – there are two schools of thought re daily versus pulse dosing. Best you can do is read up and come to your own conclusions re this. In any event, it's probably good that your doc has suggested you reduce dosage initially at leats. Re the Oil of Oregano: some find it fine. Personally, I found even one drop much too much for me. Retired to bed with tremendous flu-like fatigue. However, it's a very personal thing. IMO, You might want to think about delaying trying that until you get the AP dosage under control. Just a thought. Lynnie   

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Kim
    Participant

[user=785]freddiet50[/user] wrote:

So first off i was wondering why my doctor has told me to take doxy every day and so many people on this sight talk about a pulse m/w/f dose sched.?

And secondly, after a an initial reaction to doxy, and mino,…very intense hives….i've waited 2 weeks and my doctor wants me to try 25..or 50 mg 1 time a day of the doxy and see what happens……(i had had a ct scan and he wonders if i was reacting to the dye)…. heres hoping!

Hey Freddie,  I've always felt better pulse-dosing.  You may just have to experiment and see what works best for you.

Good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ pulse dose/ vs everyday…and 2nd try for doxy’ is closed to new replies.