Home Forums General Discussion Published Work/Dr. Thos. McPherson Brown; Testimony/Dr. Nicolson

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

Dr. Brown's book, “The Road Back” is included in its entirety in “The New Arthritis Breakthrough” by Henry Scammell, a medical writer who assisted Dr. Brown before his death in updating his book with the latest studies in “Arthritis Breakthrough.”  (The third of these books published mentioned above is the latest.  Henry Scammell became a devoted follower of Dr. Brown's work, after working with him on the first Arthritis book.  Amazon.com has it new or used, but is available in many book stores, or they can order it for you.   

Many of us who have been on what we term “AP” (Antibiotic Protocol) for some time for treatment of our rheumatic diagnosis, and have read the book, were tremendously encouraged about our prognosis, after we had been told our diagnosis would take us “downhill from now on.”  After I had been told that, I fortunately found Dr. Brown's  first book with Henry the same day. 

I began reading it and couldn't put it down.  I knew then that the path I would follow would not be the type  medicines I'd heard about, and that Dr. Brown wrote were not the way to go.  Those two days of reading (exciting reading, not technical, and not a drudge, but truly exciting  reading!!!) showed me light at the end of the tunnel.  And, even though there have been peaks and valleys, it has not been the fault of  AP, it has been because of what my body and I have experienced and my own unique body and reactions, in the course of treatment… long before my diagnosis of a rheumatic  illness.  It took 5 years of educating myself even before my diagnosis and about 12 years since the diagnosis, to finally figure out some missing links about myself — but it is still incorporating Minocin into my program, I believe, that will eventually get me back to about as good as I can get — lots of those choices are mine to make. 

Dr. Brown's work and Dr. Garth Nicolson's work seem closely allied.  I came here today to post what I just found — Dr. Garth Nicolson's testimony to Congress about these type illnesses in Gulf War Veterans.  Some of the headings and testimony cover information that should be of interest and benefit to most of us.  And, to those new persons just trying to determine if there is anything to this  treatment using low-dose antibiotics, you may leave with more confidence — one way or another; but be sure to first read Dr. Brown's work in the above books before making your decision. 

I realize most of us have more to read than we want to read, or feel like reading — or can even absorb when we have brain fog.   But, this encouragement about Dr. Brown's writings and Dr. Nicolson's work and testimony will probably be here for a while:

http://members.aol.com/vetcenter1/drgarth.htm

casey
    Participant

Af,

I bought Garth and Nancy Nicolsons “Project Daylily” . I am a Canadian but doesnt matter, all our governments are involved in making and testing warfare of some kind  on their own people. If you like to read like i do, check out that book . Cant believe how myco was tested in so many nursing homes and prisons in Texas.

Casey

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Casey;
         I have not had time to read the book yet,is it good? Do you still have the articles I sent you months back on how micoplasma was deliberately spread? My computer crashed a few weeks ago and I lost 8 years of research.If you have any info that I sent you ,could you please email it back to me when you have time.Thanks,Lynne

casey
    Participant

Hi Lynne,

I have the articles printed out and spoke to DS here in Canda who actually wrote the articles. Funny thing , my computer crashed on Monday and i lost mostly everything that was of value.

The book is good . It outlines what/who is behind the making of these pathogens and the treatment of it. The book is very lengthy and detailed. But on that note,  yes the bacteria is biologically produced but it has been here from the beginning of time allowing itself(many forms ) to mutate and effect us. The making of it just causes that many more to get sick.

Casey

JBJBJB
    Participant

A Friend,

I was digging through the old posts and found this one you posted earlier. I bought the book Project Daylily and almost done reading. Glad Professor Nicolson is carrying on the research and treatment on mycoplasma. It's very encouraging.

If you notice his way of treating mycoplasma infection, a very strong antibiotic dosage was used in his six weeks cycle of treatment. Many folks needed several cycles. That seemed to get mycoplasma under the good control within a short period of time. http://www.immed.org/ (see treatment considerations link)….

I am wondering would this be a better method to get rid of majority of mycoplasma in a short term versus Brown's protocol, which slowly eliminate them…..FOREVER

Any thoughts??? Thanks! JB

A Friend
    Participant

[user=266]JBJBJB[/user] wrote:

…I was digging through the old posts and found this one you posted earlier. I bought the book Project Daylily and almost done reading. Glad Professor Nicolson is carrying on the research and treatment on mycoplasma. It's very encouraging.

If you notice his way of treating mycoplasma infection, a very strong antibiotic dosage was used in his six weeks cycle of treatment. Many folks needed several cycles. That seemed to get mycoplasma under the good control within a short period of time. http://www.immed.org/ (see treatment considerations link)….

I am wondering would this be a better method to get rid of majority of mycoplasma in a short term versus Brown's protocol, which slowly eliminate them…..FOREVER

Any thoughts??? Thanks! JB

Hi JB,

My thoughts…and they are just that…my “thoughts”:  For myself and because of what had happened to me before AP, I don't believe my system would have tolerated a heavy/heavier dosage of antibiotics; and also believe this heavy dosage would have had very bad effects on my already compromised gut lining.  Because of this, I had some problems even on the IVs followed by the pulsed MWF 100 mg Minocin, twice daily, while paying close attention to probiotics and diet — but I'll remind any readers that I'd had two prior years of abx (for constant, repeating episodes of illness) with no knowledge of probiotics. 

Another thought is remembering how very different each of us is, and no doubt some might do well and, again, some (like me) would probably have a hard time with a heavier dosage. 

Also, my thinking is that we can never “get rid of all of them”, and probably never would be able to “get rid of them forever”, but could strive for a better “balance.”  Even in wellness, good and bad bacteria exist in our bodies side by side, I've read; and even the bad do some beneficial things for us when the good and bad flora are in balance, and we are healthy.  It is when our inner terrain loses its pH balanced state that viruses, unfriendly bacteria, and the like, crowd out our good flora, and the bad proliferate and turn our bodies more and more acid and into a breeding ground for major illness.  Wellness cannot be maintained in an overly acid body.

I've become a “Carrie Nation” (carrying a banner for a cause) in advocating that while we are in need of AP to help us do what our immune systems are unable to do to clear “the enemy” while we are chronically ill, we must learn about the pH balance in our own bodies and recognize that different types of foods, beverages, water, stress, medicines, HCL adequacy, activity levels, whether our cells are operating in an aerobic environment or have become anerobic affecting our oxygen levels — and more (unless we luck out), before we may be able to achieve lasting recovery.  While I believe we probably can, knowing what I've learned about my own body and how acidosis has damaged it longterm, it is a big challenge!  But, what is our alternative?  Let's GO FOR IT!!! 

JB, now aren't you sorry you asked me that question?  lol

AF

JBJBJB
    Participant

A Friend,

You made some very good points. We could never completely rid of mycoplasma in our body. A well balanced PH in our body is very important to keep mycoplasma at the bay.

In Nicolson's report, many patients were young soldiers, prior to GWI, they were very healthy people. I guess those heavier dosage worked out for them well in a six month cycle. I am curious to know how many people in this population (N=150,000) have had relapse?  Also could this protocol be used to treat onset RA, MCTD, SD patients instead of using long term AP therapy if a patient has no kidney/liver complications.

I read one young girl's scleroderma recovery story who were on some other type of IV treatment for her fingers. She had over 3 weeks (?) of antibiotic IV, and her other scleroderma symptoms were improved significantly. These things always made me wonder.

I myself had C.Diff and hospitalized for 14 days. I was put on three different antibiotics, one IV antibiotics. My MCTD symptoms were all gone after 9 days IV treatments…. these were very strong daily dosage plus 2 oral antibiotics. Total antibiotic treatment was less than 30 days. The MCTD symptoms gradually came back two to three months later….. 

My question here is would 5 day IV treatment immediately follow up with low dosage antibiotics be strong enough to eliminate mycoplasma?

A Friend
    Participant

[user=266]JBJBJB[/user] wrote:

A Friend,
    …..My question here is would 5 day IV treatment immediately follow up with low dosage antibiotics be strong enough to eliminate mycoplasma?

JB,

I did a longer, more detailed post replying to the above post of yours, but the screen ate it quickly, and so this version will be quite brief (I think). 

The above program of 5-day IV tx followed with low-dose (pulsed, two 100 mg brand Minocin on MWF) had amazingly good results for me.  The IVs were repeated every six months in Ia for 2-1/2 years, and about another six months or so where I live.  I continued on the pulsed Minocin schedule for 7 years.  The results were outstanding.  Hardly ever had to even take an ibuprofen. 

However, this said, something was going on (continuing from pre-AP days, I'm sure) that led to reactions to two abx that caused me to get off all abx after that.  This, longterm, was not a wise choice.  By 2006 I knew I had to get back on Minocin. 

I believe anyone interested can do a search for my posts on pH and acidosis, and determine why I was off AP and why I realized more than a year ago that I HAD to return to it AND to address the newfound information about my dangerously bad acidosis. 

Hope this helps.  We are all different.  Another patient's story will be different from my own.  We cannot base our protocols (diet and meds, etc.) on another's, but we can definitely add the knowledge we gain to our own reservoir of understanding. 

Best to you,

AF

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ Published Work/Dr. Thos. McPherson Brown; Testimony/Dr. Nicolson’ is closed to new replies.