Home Forums General Discussion Psoriatic Arthritis

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lyndsaylee
    Participant

Anyone on this board with PsA (Psoriatic Arthritis)? If so, would you mind telling me if you have had success with AP therapy? Thanks.

Lyndsay

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Lyndsay – there used to be a Road Back contact for Australia called Craig Cobb who had wonderful success with AP for PsA – minocycline (Aust brand) and not the pelleted version. I believe he was pretty bad before AP – he was my first contact from Road Back 5 years ago. I'm sure he no longer posts because he is out living his life. Best to you, hope you give it a go. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

vinny
    Participant

I am treating Psoriatic Arthritis with Minocycline 100mg twice daily and the nsaid Diclofenac. Also take probiotics to maintain my stomach flora. The arthritis attack started very suddenly and severely last December, and effected my hips, shoulders, and spinal column. I used methotrexate and Prednisone until I started Minocycline on June 6. Stopped the MTX immediately and the Prednisone on July 4. I am free of static pain, totally functional and can play golf again. I have tried cutting back on Minocycline several times, but go back to the daily dose because of spinal column inflammation and pain. I did not experience any Herxing. The antibiotic protocol does not control my scalp and nail psoriasis however. I am in the process of losing some of my toenails. I am controling the scalp psoriasis with Neutrogena t/gel shampoo and conditioner.

vinny

Psoriatic Arthritis: 100mg Minoz Minocycline TABLET daily; twice daily 400mg Pentoxifylline;125mcg Levotyroxine: Have been using some level of Minocycline since 2008

Todd WI
    Participant

Hi Lyndsay,

There are a couple of PsA success stories in the testimonials:
    https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/community.sub/subgroup_id/36.html

I'm personally working toward becoming one of those success stories.  I've had PsA for 12 years and have been on AP for about 8 months now.  I'm much better than when I started, but I'm greedily working towards perfection.

Todd

lyndsaylee
    Participant

Thanks, all. You're comments were encouraging. Most of what I read about is RA – not much is said about PsA. I began AP 6 weeks ago and I've seen no results yet. In fact, things have gotten a bit worse. But I know from reading on this board that that is not uncommon. So I'll stop feeling sorry for myself and keep reading your replies as an encouragement…maybe check in with you two  from time to time to see how you're doing if you wouldn't mind. (Lynnie, I appreciate you telling me about Craig Cobb- I'll look him up and see if what I find in the archives) Thanks again.

Jo
    Participant
    lyndsaylee
    Participant

Thanks, Jo. I would be most happy to keep you posted, but you might have to give me a nudge once in a while as my memory of late is not the greatest.:P
    Lyndsay

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ Psoriatic Arthritis’ is closed to new replies.