Home Forums General Discussion PSOARIS LIKE RASH

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    DAR
    Participant

I have been taking mino for about 5 months, in that time my skin became very dry and itchy which I thought was a side effect from the mino now I have developed on the inside of my elbows and behind my knee big ugly patches that kind of look like psoaris really red and ugly they are not sore yet but look like they can become sore, I never had this happen when I took doxy, is this a side effect of the mino or do I have something else going on, has this happened to anyone else? do I need to go back on doxy?

Dar

jlc6166
    Participant

Have you considered switching to the brand name (minocin)?  I switched my wife from minocycline to minocin and it has made a noticable difference.

Jack

A Friend
    Participant

[user=387]DAR[/user] wrote:

I have been taking mino for about 5 months, in that time my skin became very dry and itchy which I thought was a side effect from the mino now I have developed on the inside of my elbows and behind my knee big ugly patches that kind of look like psoaris really red and ugly they are not sore yet but look like they can become sore, I never had this happen when I took doxy, is this a side effect of the mino or do I have something else going on, has this happened to anyone else? do I need to go back on doxy?

Dar

Hello Dar,

So sorry you are having these complications.  Are you aware that there is quite a bit of writing and documentation pointing to fungus/yeast overgrowth and cancer being the same thing?  There is also, in this same writing/ information showing treatment used is effective against psoriasis.  The oncologist found that the same treatment worked on one cancer patient's psoriasis, just as it had worked on his tumor.  In this oncologist's writing, the same type solution has worked for cancers originating inside the gastrointestinal system from the mouth to the two eliminative canal exits.  There is also a protocol that is effectively used topically against skin cancers, even melanoma.  The writing on this said that a tumor, such as inside breasts, and others not accessible within the gastro system, can be treated using the same ingredient, but must be accessed using a line (visualized through special equipment, in order to see the area being treated, and to monitor progress with repeat treatments). 

All this is to say, I'm wondering if it is possible that you have had a fungal/yeast overgrowth for some time; and, perhaps, being on antibiotics may have just added to an overgrowth problem you already had, and presented as psoriasis.  I will be happy to send you a PM with links to read.  

I, personally, believe that many of us are very predisposed to yeast/fungal overgrowth…. even if we ladies have never had any telltale signs of a yeast problem (that is, any signs that we recognized, anyway).  And in my own case, I believe that repeated illnesses during the first two years, and using larger doses of abx for about 10 days each time, every two months, and not knowing about probiotics, actually caused problems that debilitated me and caused the MCTD or was a co-reason for it.

Best to you,

AF

JOJO19551
    Participant

Dar, I also had itchy spots on my legs, butt and feet.  My dermatologist gave me a steroidal cream (cheap too) and it went away within a week.  I still get a few itchy spots and have some leftover cream that I dab on.  It is amazing how it clears.

JoAnn

Patti D
    Participant

Joanne,
    could you post the name of the prescription for the cream. I too have this dry patch on my leg and it has now been there 1 year. The over the counter cream with 1% hydrocortisone helps but it never fully goes away.
    Thanks!
    Patti

DAR
    Participant

I would appreciate it if you would sent me PM links about the articles

DAR;)

Trudi
    Participant

[user=287]Patti D[/user] wrote:

I too have this dry patch on my leg and it has now been there 1 year.

Hi Patti–

Same here.  It started with the Lyme bulls-eye (May 2008), grew in size, and appears to sloowly be going away.  I, too, have tried a number of topical ointments–none worked; now I put coconut oil on it.

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Patti D
    Participant

Hi Trudi,

A friend just told me about how she used a small amount of bleach in the bath water to get rid of ecema with her son. Also took away the itch. I thought it may be drastic but her husband is a doctor and she is a nurse and there son did get better and they are still doing it. I have not tried it and am a little concerned about sitting in bath water with chemicals. Anyone else hear of this?

Patti

richie
    Participant

Hi

If bleach would work –a safer course would be any pool that is chlorinated

-richie

Patti D
    Participant

Hey Richie,

They have a pool and we talked about why the chlorinated water didn't do the trick. We thought the concentration of bleach in chlorinated water must be too low. They were using 1/4 cup bleach per bath tub full of water.That seemed like alot.
    Patti

Kim
    Participant

How about just spraying some on the area to try it rather than sitting in a tub?

kim

Trudi
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

How about just spraying some on the area to try it rather than sitting in a tub?

Salt water is another great option, it does great things for the skin. 

I decided to give it a quick Google search and came up with this website:

http://www.psorsite.com/docs/homeseawater.html

Good luck,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Patti D
    Participant

Thanks ladies,
    I may just try the sea salt first. That seems a little safer.
    Kim & Trudi,
    when are we getting together this summer for lunch? I really am excited to post our picture here after our glorious lunch here at the lake? Kim, do you know yet when you are coming to Wisco? I can't wait to meet you both.

Patti

Kim
    Participant

[user=287]Patti D[/user] wrote:

Kim & Trudi,
    when are we getting together this summer for lunch? I really am excited to post our picture here after our glorious lunch here at the lake? Kim, do you know yet when you are coming to Wisco? I can't wait to meet you both.

Hey everyone, party at Patti's!  Bring your swimsuits.  :roll-laugh:

I'm really excited to meet some fellow RBFers.  I'll be up next month and will send you and Trudi a PM so we can exchange info.

Can't wait…….kim

JOJO19551
    Participant

Patti, The cream I have is Triamcinolone Acetonide cream USP 1%.  It worked very quickly.  Hope this helps, JoAnn

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘ PSOARIS LIKE RASH’ is closed to new replies.