Home Forums General Discussion probiotics working too well??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Marie
    Participant

Hi,

Just needed to share a bit about my latest bump in the road.

I started a new probiotic a month ago that really worked.  I still have yeast, but it's actually getting better.  I even herxed just on this probiotic (Perque's Digesta Guard, dr recommended it; I'd never heard of it).

This probiotic seemed to rev up my whole immune system.  I'd been taking some oregano/olive leaf and grapefruit seed/caprylic acid antifungals, but since starting the probiotics, the herbal antifungals, which also have antibiotic properties, seemed to start working on bugs other than yeast: my tendons and connective tissue started showing herx symptoms on the antifungals.

All seemed well, knocking away at the yeast, manageable tendon herxes, no big deal.  Then I went through the hormonal shift, and the last few days have been awful.  Migraines, gi distress, full body pain, fatigue, sore throat, breaking out in small red spots.

Yikes…I'm wondering if my immune system was/is “superstimulated” b/c my (1)progesterone hasn't bounced back yet, and (2) this new probiotic.  I haven't had hormonal flares for a year.  Do I interpret this new flare as a positive sign that my system is stronger and more wanting to fight? 

That's probably a q for the doc.  But it's helpful just to share.  I'm glad you're all here to read and understand. 

Had been feeling pretty well, and now I'm reminded that a monster lurks.  (Hopefully, in time, a manageable monster!)

Be well, everyone.

Marie

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Marie – I'm not sure whether this is relevant to you, but I tried oil of wild oregano a couple of years ago and couldnt take it. Major flu-like symptoms and joint pains within a couple of hours – one drop in water was enough to knock me for six and send me to bed in the middle of the day. What I do know is that sometimes we dont factor in the “natural” supplements, anti-fungals etc that we take and the possible interactions. I'm wondering whether your new probiotic is interacting with something else you are taking? Might be worth running the mix past your doc. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Marie
    Participant

Hi, Lynnie,

That could be happening.  I hope I still will be able to take it.  It's done wonders for my yeast.  I was able to make it through a whole cycle without reaching for the diflucan! 

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Hi Marie,

What a crazy life we lead, yah?

My bet is that the herbals are killing.  Oil of Oregano is supposed to be very potent as is grapefruit seed and olive leaf.  You are probably killing too fast and the die off is getting you. 

Maybe back off the killing herbs and increase detox methods for a few days and see if things clear. 

I hope you feel better real soon.

Susan

Marie
    Participant

Thanks, Susan!

You know, your post made me think of your Enbrel protocol, which is designed to, correct me if I'm wrong, “hold back” your immune system/inflammation while you kill bugs?

I'm still feeling awful and made a phone consult appt for later this month.  It's really interesting, before I went off gluten a year ago, I felt awful all the time.  Then, my first three months off gluten, I only felt awful right after my period.  Then even that ebbed.  But then I developed a massive yeast issue.  The probiotics I'm taking are supposed to rev up your system (but theoretically, wouldn't any effective probiotic do that?), and when I took them I started herxing on my herbals for the first time ever.  Then my period came and went, and I crashed! 

I don't think my bacterial load would dramatically increase in just a few weeks' time, so I'm wondering if those probiotics have my system more tuned to recognize the bad guys.  I've also been on boluoke for a few months (with great effects), so the bad guys might be more visible. 

Maybe it's a probiotic dosing question.  Or maybe I need to investigate other detox options, like glutathione.  Herxing is fine, flares not so much! 

It never ends, but I've made it through other bumps in the road!

Thanks, and be well!

TischSEB
    Participant

Hi,

When you take Oil of Oregano (for example) as a supplementary antibacteria/fungal etc… do you follow the rules for taking prescribed antibiotics? In other words, do you take it 2 ours after and 2 hours before eating, well away from probiotics etc?
    Tks

Tisch

Marie
    Participant

Hi, Tisch,

Yes, I follow that rule.  🙂  Thanks, though!

Am researching toxin binders.

Have a good day!

Marie

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ probiotics working too well??’ is closed to new replies.