Home Forums General Discussion Probiotics

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Time_of_my_Life
    Participant

I'm out of my usual probiotic and really need to get on some since I'm doing infusions this week.  Can anyone suggest a good one I can get like at WalMart?  I usually order PB 8 online.  If I get an instore brand like pearls or whatever else they may have; how many should I take a day?  I'm sure its more than what the label says to take.

Thanks!
    Lori

tbird2340
    Participant

My LLMD suggested that I get Culturelle (http://www.culturelle.com/). I currently take 2 a night but not sure if that's enough.. I never do know how much to take..

I get it from Amazon but they do sell it at Wal Mart, Target, Giant Eagle, etc..

Here's a blob from their site:

NOT ALL PROBIOTICS ARE CREATED EQUAL Lactobacillus acidophilus. Lactobacillus bulgaricus. Bifidobacterium bifidum ? they all have big names, but not all probiotic strains have big impact. Culturelle is the only all-natural supplement to feature Lactobacillus GG, the most clinically studied probiotic and one of the strongest at surviving those good-bacteria-gobbling stomach acids and sticking in the intestinal tract.

THE SKINNY ON YOGURT Most yogurts are packaged with 1 billion live good cells ? far less than the 10 billion in each capsule of Culturelle. Our probiotic strain, Lactobacillus GG, has also been proven to better stick and multiply in the digestive tract.

DON?T BELIEVE THE PACKAGING Many brands list the number of live cells at time of manufacture, NOT the number at the time of use. Many products are also not manufactured or packaged in ways that insure you will receive any live bacteria when you take it. Compare that to Culturelle, which guarantees at least 10 billion live cells at the time of use! In fact, each of our capsules is individually double-foil-protected and packed in such a way to keep light, moisture, heat and air out to assure stability and maximum potency.

Time_of_my_Life
    Participant

Thank you tbird!  From the looks of the website and what it has to say about it that sounds like a good probiotic.  I am going to check for it in WalMart tomorrow. 🙂

Lori

Conniel7777
    Participant

Hi,

I take this one, available at Walgreens:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/catalog/Supplements/Acidophilus-Capsules/ID=prod4021832-product

Its done amazingly well for me.. they are not really capsules at all.. they are “pearl” style.. very tiny. I take 1 per day.

The price is great as well.. and whats even better, is that quite often, they have a sale where you buy one, get one free, so I will end up with 2 months worth of probiotics for about $10.00.

I know you can spend LOTS of money on probiotics.. I wanted to take Culterelle and Align and some of the other higher priced brands, but I couldnt afford it. I found these and thought “Why not?” I figured it couldnt hurt to try…

I have been taking them for months now.. almost a year, and they work great. I can definitely tell the difference when I miss a dose, because I will begin to get the pre-cursor signs of a lovely little yeast infection… but if I dont miss a dose, I dont have a problem.

If I ever end up on a higher dose of abx, i will probably have to increase the dose of the probiotics, but for right now, one a day of these little pearls does the job, and they are SO convenient.. they come in a blister pack of 30, and need no refrigeration.

As a matter of fact, they are on sale at Walgreens right now, buy 1, get 1 free, and I just stopped there today, and they were all out!

richie
    Participant

Hi–As long as you are doing well with PB8 why switch –its readily available in virtually any health food store for about 19.95 –not as good a cost as  vitacost but you can fill in one bottle until your online order arrives —
    richie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Probiotics’ is closed to new replies.