Home Forums General Discussion Prescription gap

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tainabell
    Participant

Hi all,

I need your advice on something.  I have an appointment with my AP doc on Jan. 19th, but I've just checked my doxy and I have only 51/2 more days of supply with no refills.  That means my drugs will only last me through to half of January 17th.  So there will be a day and a half before I see my doc again. 

Should I just let that day and a half pass with no drugs or should I be concerned in the break in my treatment?  It has been 3 months of my doxy/Lyme treatment and she said that we would “reevaluate” treatment at our next visit, so I'm not even sure she wants to prescribe me more doxycycline. 

Making things more complicated is that I'm at my parents house in MA for the week (I live in NYC) so if I had her call in a prescription it would have to be at a pharmacy out here and I don't even know if docs do that? 

Any advice? 

Thanks!

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=854]tainabell[/user] wrote:

Should I just let that day and a half pass with no drugs or should I be concerned in the break in my treatment?  It has been 3 months of my doxy/Lyme treatment and she said that we would “reevaluate” treatment at our next visit, so I'm not even sure she wants to prescribe me more doxycycline. 

Hi Tainabell,

Just so you know, I deleted the double-up on this thread, so you don't get replies on both. Sometimes the system does that to posts, too, if you hit the send button twice and it's slow to respond. 😉

There are two things you could do…call Dr Y tomorrow and see if she'll refill your script and phone it through to a local pharmacy near you in MA.

If not, because she wants to reassess you, first, then don't panic…some people pulse dose here and take weekends off, so it's not a biggy if you miss a couple days. Also, as a Lymie, it might interest you to know that I was on long pulses in my first year on Lyme protocols. That is, taking one combination protocol for 2 weeks, then having a washout week of nothing, then beginning a second combination protocol for 2 weeks, then another week's washout, before resuming the first protocol again in rotation. Lyme docs sometimes do this to rumble up some good herxing and trick the infections out of their pleomorphic forms…then blasting them again. So a couple days off won't hurt you too much. You might just herx a bit when you resume.

Have fun in MA with your parents! Did you get hit by the storm last night, too? They were predicing a whole foot of snow, but we only got a couple inches in the end and some ice frosting.

Peace, Maz

tainabell
    Participant

[user=27]Maz[/user] wrote:

There are two things you could do…call Dr Y tomorrow and see if she'll refill your script and phone it through to a local pharmacy near you in MA.

If not, because she wants to reassess you, first, then don't panic…some people pulse dose here and take weekends off, so it's not a biggy if you miss a couple days. Also, as a Lymie, it might interest you to know that I was on long pulses in my first year on Lyme protocols. That is, taking one combination protocol for 2 weeks, then having a washout week of nothing, then beginning a second combination protocol for 2 weeks, then another week's washout, before resuming the first protocol again in rotation. Lyme docs sometimes do this to rumble up some good herxing and trick the infections out of their pleomorphic forms…then blasting them again. So a couple days off won't hurt you too much. You might just herx a bit when you resume.

Have fun in MA with your parents! Did you get hit by the storm last night, too? They were predicing a whole foot of snow, but we only got a couple inches in the end and some ice frosting.

Peace, Maz

Maz, that was exactly the info I was looking for!  I didn't state it very well in my original post, but the point I wanted to get at was whether or not it would be harmful to stop the abx for a day and a half.  I know when you take abx for a bacterial infection like strep, for example, it can be truly dangerous, because the bug dies a little and then gets stronger when you stop.  Wasn't sure if it was the same with Lyme.  

We did indeed get hit with the storm here.  Lots of snow outside – I'd say a foot sounds about right. 😕  I'm actually house-sitting right now.  My parents aren't here, they took a couple weeks and went off to Florida.  Lucky them, right?  They are probably sipping margaritas on the beach right now! :roll-laugh:

Thanks for deleting the double post, anyways, and thanks for the help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ Prescription gap’ is closed to new replies.