Home Forums General Discussion prednisone

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Sir Rifes alot
    Participant

I went off prednisone for good i hope 2 days ago.MY GOAL for 2009 has been met ! A month late but I made it

chris

davew
    Participant

😎 Congrats! Wish I could get there…

Sir Rifes alot
    Participant

Well its been a long hard road trust me.If it wasnt for handfuls of MSM I wouldnt have been able to do it.But i really think perseverance on my part and keeping my eye on the goal I started last January of getting myself off the steroids without any idea ! of what i was going to do after that.But AP came along to me by fate i guess and then the msm .I still start out in the morning stiff ITS THE WEATHER HERE LATELY.But i get through it.My depression has gone away .I feel good ! I do my physical therapy once a week .Life is good .I am not in a wheel chair thank god .that was my worst fear !!!!! bad enuff somedays to have to yell to get someone to help me out of bed and dressed .OH yeah i still need some assistance now and then in the morning.I am driving my car again.Having enuff strength now to start it and put it in gear and steer it .but i dont drive if i have taken any pain meds until they have wore off.

chris

Merla
    Participant

Congrats! That is a tough thing to do! I've been working on that for a long time now too.

Merla

linda
    Participant

Hi Chris,

I'm very happy for you, I too have been tapering my dose of pred since Aug. You give me hope. You have had some good rains out there lately, that's for sure. Not quite as bad as So Cal, but I think you have the same problem there as we do here in SA, which is flash flooding. But anyway, good for you!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Wow Chris that is truly great news, especially that you're feeling good. BTW, how are you doing so far herxing-wise on the MWF regime? Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Sir Rifes alot
    Participant

Lynnie Thank you. Perseverance helped alot. No herxing.The lower dose is working for me

chris

Sir Rifes alot
    Participant

davew, Thanx man it was a long tough road .but the year went fast I have to say.Keep with it you will get there.

chris

Sir Rifes alot
    Participant

Merla,thanx ! you will get there .

chris

Sir Rifes alot
    Participant

Linda,thanx we all need to hear a success story now and then to keep our spirits up and to see that little light thats way off in the distance which is our goal.It gets closer all the time.

chris

mschmidt
    Participant

Chris,

What a huge accomplishment! Congratulations for kicking the prednisone.  I've read about your journey, which has been a challenging one so, I'm so happy for you:D

The timing of your goal doesn't matter–reaching it is what matters.

The best of luck to you this year!!

Maria

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ prednisone’ is closed to new replies.