Home Forums General Discussion Pre-eclampsia

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

[user=23]Pip[/user] wrote:

Hey Friend –

Magnesium is definitely related to depression.

🙂

Pip

Pip,

I agree, based on my education about it the last three years… and it's also related to about 350 other things the body performs.  It certainly has my respect.

AF

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Lizbeth – I just found this regarding magnesium sulphate being used to treat pre-eclampsia. Lynnie

http://www.twinslist.org/magsulfate.html

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Roz
    Participant

[user=30]lynnie_sydney[/user] wrote:

Lizbeth – I am reaching back now to a vague memory of Dr Norman Swann speaking  about the possibility of a similar connection to this with RA on one of his Health reports on Radio National. One of the possibilities apparently currently being investigated is that RA is not so much genetically passed down from Mother to Baby but that both Mother and Fetus react to each other in terms of their immune systems. This might not initially seem to “fit” with the infectious origin that adherents to AP believe in. Except that some docs (mine included) believe in genetic predisposition + infection + triggering event as the cause – which could encompass something like this theory.

Interesting footnote on Dr Swann. There was a section in mid-2008 on Dr Swann's segment on Radio National that talked about AP, featuring a well-known Sydney AP Doc and his patient. Of course, there was the obligatory rheumie's response also – required for “balance”. Here's the link to the podcast. The first part is a section on A2 milk, so slide the bar to about halfway.  Lynnie

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/healthreport/stories/2008/2260412.htm

Hi,

It does seem fit, because when I had toximia, they told me my body could no longer take this pregancy. I was also told my kidney's have quit functioning at the time.

I was hospitalized for a long time and I hardly ate anything and would gain like 5 pounds in a week.

They told me I was at high risk for a coma at anytime, and that my child had a high risk of being still born.

I was only 19 at the time but I remember being given IV's. maybe it was Mag.

My LLMD has always told me to take Mag as well. I am sure I don't take it like I should.

Thanks so much for your wisdom. x Roz

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘ Pre-eclampsia’ is closed to new replies.