Home Forums General Discussion Possible weird reaction to Zith – advice please

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Pip
    Participant

I saw my AP doc on Tuesday and all is well in my AP world (still running 100 MPH – LOL)

However when we we're wrapping up and I ask him what kind of doc would take out my nodules on my elbow.  And he's like 'what nodules?'  So I tell him I had 3 tiny ones, two of which kind of merged into one small one but since I started the Zith I've got about 15 tiny ones in there, along with the growing one, and they're driving me nuts because it's where I type and it itches.  And he's like, 'don't worry, it will go away', and I'm like, 'no, I want it out, it itches.'

So, he stops what he's saying to talk to the new PA and tells her 'this is interesting, she's Palindromic and the Zith may be effecting her differently'.  Then he goes on about how I'm better (and actually makes the 'claw hand' – almost fell out of my seat on that one – this guy is cool!!!) but Zith is allowing my body to trap the myco's or something like that.  Like I said, I really didn't understand because I was trying not to laugh. 

Now this guy once said 'once RA, always RA' but the other doc in his office said I was 'back to PRA'.  I feel pretty good that my disease has rewound enough for him to notice.  LOL

However, that night, thinking about what he said, I'm wondering if that's what's going on in my breasts.  I have definite lumps in there and think I should go get a mammogram.  I was supposed to have one in MI but it got canceled with all the drama when we were there. 

What do you guys think?  I've always had cystic breasts.  I've had cysts everywhere in my body.  Nodules are cyst-like.  I'm not worried but…should I be?

So – any Palindromic people here who cysted up on Zith?  I assume I should ride it out but this elbow is driving me crazy.  And what kind of doc removes nodules?  Can I get them tested somewhere?  Like, find out what's in there? 

If you're not Palindromic, and are on Zith, did you cyst up?  Or is this yet another example of how weird my particular version of PRA/RA is?

Pip

Suzanne
    Participant

I don't know about the Zith, BUT you are crazy if you don't get a mammogram!  Get those cysts checked out before you worry about anything else!

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

Pip
    Participant

Ok, let me put this another way…how quickly should I deal with this because I really think its the Zith?  Do I go out and find a local OB/Gyn or can this wait until I fly back home in June or July? 

Suzanne
    Participant

I would call a local OB/GYN and say you have noticed cysts or lumps in your breast and you need to be seen.  I would think they would see you right away!  Get them ruled out as benign, then start thinking about the Zith.

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

Pip
    Participant

Ok, not wanting to be crazy, I just emailed my ob/gyn and asked if, since we have a PPO, I can get the mammo sent to her.  Not only is she a friend, she survived BC so she'll set this up so she sees the results.

I still want to know if anybody here got cysts starting Zith or abx.  If not, it's just me. 

It's  lonely being a freak of nature. 

Pip

mom
    Participant

I'm confused, do you have cysts (soft) or nodules (hard)?

Having RA makes you vulnerable to developing nodules and doctors do remove them if they are in a place that are bothersome.

I had couple of large hard nodules on by elbows few months ago (not on Zith) and I was given steroid injections in by shoulders for pain and few weeks later the nodules disappeared. However, it's been 4 months since my shots, and I can feel a small nodule popping out on one of the elbows again.

mom

Pip
    Participant

I've had both.  My breast nodules feel hard tho, always have.

Dr. F said the nodules would resolve on AP.  I had nodules on Mino but because I wasn't keeping a diary, don't know if they came after AP or they were there before I started.  Just know I had them since forever. 

Instead, being a freak of nature, I'm getting nodules on Zith.  I'm just trying to figure out if it's because I'm Palindromic, (and therefore because of how my body processes myco's) or if others also got nodules starting abx.

Does this make sense?

Pip

Marie
    Participant

Hi, Pip,

I'v been on zith for two weeks.  It's my first abx.  No nodules anywhere so far as I can tell. 

If I were you I'd get it checked, which it sounds like you're already doing. 

I wouldn't say you are a freak, though!  🙂  We're all just different.

Marie

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Pip – I got a nodule on one of my fingers AFTER starting mino. It went after about a year. I also developed a largish, softish lump on my upper right arm after starting a new abx regime last year. It has gone down some, but still there. I also have lumpy breasts – always have. That is why I have to have an ultrasound as well as a mammogram (tissue too dense to see properly). In fact I have an appointment today!! The lump on my upper arm will also be checked. Probably a lipoma, my doc says, which is benign but they will check it anyway. I agree any lumps in the breast tissue need checking out asap. Dont assume. Always best to rule something out. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Kim
    Participant

Early on in my treatment I started taking Vitalzym (now I take Neprinol) for the fibrosis associated with SD.  Much to my surprise, within two weeks, my fibrocystic breast tissue was totally normal.  Also, old surgery scars had softened.  My doctor was floored.  Amazing stuff, and for me, worth the hefty price tag.

kim

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

My doctor was floored. 

I love the way you expressed your doc's reaction!!!

I will need to keep taking these stuff. I am getting sloppy these days. However, I just finished a jar of New Zealand brand honey, called Manuka Honey active 16+.

I don't know if that worked for me nose, but I do feel a little relief on my muscle pain. Perhaps it's just in my mind. 

JB

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ Possible weird reaction to Zith – advice please’ is closed to new replies.