Home Forums General Discussion POLL how many months in till you noticed SOMETHING getting better

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    patchoulee
    Participant

Hi All,

As a newbie I know slow and steady wins the race but for those of you in control/remission ( which ever word floats your boat) or just plain feeling better then you did before you took your first anitbiotic . Was it a month or 4,5,6,26 months.. I am just curious.

Thanks Angela

JeffN
    Participant

My digital ulcers began to heal in three weeks. About eight months in my forehead wrinkles were back and edema was going down. Ten months in I began to let myself believe that I might well indeed beat this. Progress continues.  Don't think I am in remisson yet but working on it.

anno
    Participant

Not in remission yet, but I started feeling less pain & swelling at ~4 mo. ALso my partner could see that my hands were looking better. I wished I had taken pics of my hands at the outset, because the progress is so slow, it's hard to see it myself.

Trudi
    Participant

I would say 2 1/2 months after seeing a LLMD.  Symptoms do worsen when treatment gets altered.  It is a slow process, but a steady one towards feeling better!!

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

maz.aust
    Participant

For me it took about 3 mths for it to register I was better than I was before abx… the flares were getting further and further apart & less intense.  In fact it was my daughter who brought it to my attention; the 'getting better' was so gradual I hadn't realised it was that long since I flared.

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Todd WI
    Participant

Hi Angela,

I had my first indications that something good was happening about 5-6 weeks into it.  About 8 weeks in I wrote the following:

<<>>

And things have indeed gotten much better since then…  Still going…

Todd

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Kiddo;
            Nothing happened for the first 4 years then there were small improvements.Once diet was changed it took 3 more years for total remission.

froggy
    Participant

I'm on my 9th month and still on a roller coaster!  Bloodwork is going down (rf still 251, but down from  600), but the symptoms are still wandering around.

1Aggie
    Participant

I would have to say I noticed improvement after the five month mark.  Certainly the painful feet/muscles and stiffness I was having occurred further and further apart.  Now I have to say I have maybe one bad day every 10 days or so and those “bad
     days are nothing like when I first was diagnosed.  Will gladly take mino the rest of my life if need be to stay at this liveable level!

Dx with CREST 2/08. minocycline 2x/day M-F, LDN 3mg nightly, 90 mg of Armour thyroid. Probiotics, milk thistle, L-argine, L-lysine, natto + serro, 81mg baby aspirin, daily multiple, 1000mg Vit C, lutein, cinnamon extract, evening primrose oil, omega 3s, Ubiquinol 100mg, alpha lipoic acid and exercise when I can.

bonnielou
    Keymaster

I had improvement in 2 months. I started to forget to take my celebrex sometimes — and then realized that I didn't really need it so much. In 4 months I was doing much better, and by 6 months my bakers cysts were gne and I could exercise again. I have been very, very lucky.

Bonnie Lou

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

Donna RA
    Participant

The second year, I started to see some improvements.  Not to remission just yet, work still working on it.

tainabell
    Participant

My hives stopped completely for the first 4 days of my antibiotic treatment.  Then they came back.  :doh:

I started doxy in October, I think (?) and I never had consistent symptoms so it was hard to tell. But probably about January, I said to my husband, “Have you noticed I'm not flaring as much?” He had noticed.  At Christmas, my mom noticed that my swollen fingers looked less inflammed. Right now, I'm going through a bit of a tough patch now, though, so its definitely not a linear uphill course. 

Slow but steady is so hard to hear when you're suffering.  I feel like I've been on abx forever and really, its just been a short time.  I think we all just have to hang in there!

m.
    Participant

You'd think I'd remember when I began to see progress!

It was gradual. 2 months? Had a set-back in October, raised my dose, and got back on track.

It helps me to remember daily tasks and their level of difficulty, now and then.

I used to have a terrible time holding out a water pitcher at work, with my arm extended. Although my elbows still hurt off and on, it's clear to me there's been progress. No way do they hurt as badly as in the beginning.

My knees are also better. It's been months since I've had trouble kneeling down and supporting my weight.

Morning stiffness is less severe too.

anno
    Participant

I found some notes I was keeping when I started ap & remembered the very 1st thing I noticed, ~ 2 months in: When I accidentally bumped a swollen joint, it no longer sent me thru the roof. Still painful, but bearable.

Rockin Annie
    Participant

I noticed a big change two months after starting abx, but have been having bad flares since starting a new combo a month ago, my wrists, hands, knees and neck are affected. Just waiting for them to ease off a bit!!!!!

………….Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘ POLL how many months in till you noticed SOMETHING getting better’ is closed to new replies.