Home Forums General Discussion Pharm. rep for minocycline?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Diane
    Participant

does anyone know the pharm. rep. for minocycline. My rhuemmy just gave me my first prescription for it. I am so excited to start and see if it helps my scleroderma, but I don't have insurance and would like to find a way to get it cheaper. I thought maybe the pharm. company might have a special plan. Any ideas would be great. Thanks! I'm anxious to get it filled!

Joe M
    Participant

Found this site that tells how to apply for assistance for minocin –

http://www.needymeds.com/drug_list.taf?_function=name&name=Minocin

here

Joe RA
    Participant

Hi All …you can get minocycline at Wall-mart or Target for $4.oo :angry:  Thats 3 bucks cheaper then my co-payment with insurance ….Best to all….Joe RA

Diane
    Participant

Hi Joe,
    I guess each state must be different. I called both Walmart and Target (hoping minocycline was on there $4.00 list) but their prices were $168. and $199. for 180 capsules. I'm hoping to find a way around this! Thank you for letting me know its possible some places.

I am a new member and this site has been so helpful. I'm still learning how to use it.

Thanks,
    Diane

Diane
    Participant

Thanks Joe for website for minocin. I printed off an application form and will fax it back to them today. They said within 48 hrs I should know if they will send a free 90 supply for me to my Dr.,s office. Thanks so much! This site has been soooooo helpful.

Diane

Toledo, Ohio

Diane
    Participant

Joe,

Do you get minocycline for $4.00 because its on a because its on a $4.00 list at one of the stores. Which store do you go to? I called Target and Walmart and they said its not on there list for any stores (according to the computer check). They said they have Doxi-cycline hyclate is on the list. I don't know if that would be ok to substitute for the minocycline. Any thoughts on that?

Diane

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Diane:

I just looked and I do not see minocycline on the $4 list for Walmart, Doxy and Tetracycline are there, but not minocycline.  I just looked at the Costco pricing and it shows that you can get 150-100mg generic minocycline for much less than the price you mentioned.  I hope that you get the samples from the company, but if not, it may be worth a Costco membership to get these saivings.

Here is the link: http://www.costco.com/Pharmacy/frameset.asp?trg=HCFrame.asp&hcban=Banner.asp&hctar=DrugInfo.asp&log=&rxbox=&fromscript=1&qf=&srch=m&Drug=MINOCYCLINE&Article=MINOCYCLINE

Good Luck,

Cheryl Ferguson

Joe RA
    Participant

Hi Diane ….I inquired about minocycline at the wal-mart in Fishkill N.Y. and also at the Sam's club next door to the wal-mart and they told me it was on the list for $4.00 and also saw it listed and printed on a sign buy the entrance door of Sam's club , I never got mine there because it would have cost me alot  more in gas money to do so. This was at least 2 yrs ago  and maybe more so they may have made a mistake at the time and changed it but I do remember someone else on this BB mentioning wal mart having it for $4.00 several times. Sorry if you felt misled…Joe RA    

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ Pharm. rep for minocycline?’ is closed to new replies.