Home Forums General Discussion Pathogen infections, high cholesterol and statins

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    cavalier
    Participant

My Sed is not high but many of my other markers for inflammation are high like my ACE & my anticardiolipin which my rheum said was directly tied to inflammation in my body being high & she said it is typically related to having SD again how it fits is the chicken & the egg it almost does not matter & her explanation could be flawed for all I know but none the less this is a marker she knows is there quite often in a raised anticardiolipin.
    Cholestrol itself can be from the after affects of arteriosclerosis which is typically caused by inflammation.
    I am refering to more of the cholestrol aspect than I am SD which is typically what one takes a statin for although some early evidence has stated that statins may help SD but so does other med’.s like Cozaar in reducing fibrotic action – which I always felt Fibrotic action is still somewhat due to high levels of inflammation that the immune is in disregulation if not in hyperdrive in making antibodies. But whatever – the point of this was that Cholestrol is typically the after affects – not the primary cause. I cant take em & so it does not matter – I am one of the rare few they claim whose muscles cant tolerate it – which knowing the number of folks who have either encountered cancer or have early dementia which of course one can argue either way but the resolution of the muscle pain was blk & white.

Jill SD

richie
    Participant

Hi–Agreed -muscle pain is the major problem with statins and the main reasons folks stop taking it —-I recently switched to cozaar as my ACE inhibitor cause my kidney numbers were a bit elevated –my trusted internist felt a switch to cozaar might help as benefits to the kidneys is greater –after 60 days new blood tests showed all back to normal —
    richie

cavalier
    Participant

My Creatinine shot up past normal suddenly & my ACE was up – so i went to Cozaar 50 mg’s as well about 5 wk’s ago – i just got my blood after 3 tries taken today to see how things look for that in checking again. The Cardio agreed with the change made by my PCP.
    Other markers came in I was tested a few wk’s back for Lp-PLAC-2 & Lp(a) both are markers for CVD inflammation & Advanced Cholestrol – are both too high – showing high risk even though my present Cholestrol number still is in range this is predictive.
    These tests were run by Cleveland Clinic heart Lab & Boston heart.

I read there is a connection to fibronectin & Lp(a) – Lipoprotein(a) has been shown to interact with Calnexin,[47][48] Fibronectin[49] and Fibrinogen beta chain. Both are inflammatory markers for what some say is a better predictor of Heart attack or stroke than CRP is even. I was put on Niaspan – I was on Niacin sustained release 750 mg’s daily & 2,500 O3’s but Cardio feels this maybe stronger. Starting me off at 1,000 mg’s & will retest in 6 months. I had read that along with Cozaar that Niacin & also Taurine are antifibrotic.
    I am listing these tests as they are still indications of inflammation – even though my CRP & SED look fine in case it is of help to someone else. I was told by one doc that the calcium being put down due to SD causes the veins to get plaque. My profiles sure seem to indicate along with my veins of these changes.
    Now i have to do another echo again, Thallium Treadmill which concerns me using radioactive material &
    a leg vascular study.

Jill SD

Maz
    Keymaster

Jill, I’ve been doing a little research on artemisinin, which is an anti-malarial compound and powerful natural anti-parasitic, that has been showing promise in many areas, such as cancer treatments (breast, ovarian, prostate, melanoma, leukemia, lymphoma, etc), in addition to its primary use of targeting protozoans. Seems that it also has been studied for its effects on artherosclerosis:

http://www.spandidos-publications.com/ijmm/27/2/233

These researchers in China at the Dept of Cardiology at Shanghai’s School of Medicine conclude:

“Our data indicate that artemisinin exerts an anti-inflammatory effect on PMA-induced THP-1 monocytes, suggesting the potential role of artemisinin in preventing the inflammatory progression of atherosclerosis.”

One of the most effective ways of delivering artemisinin for the purpose of breaking through bio-films is in a fat soluble, lipsomal method, according to my doctor, that is ,specially compounded. This is because bio-films thrive on fat (which is essentially what happens in artherosclerosis), so the medication (artemisinin) is literally transported into the bio-film, which soaks it up, and then is able to do its work on organisms that may be driving the inflammatory process.

While I knew of artemisinin’s powerful ability to hit babesiosis, a common coinfection of Lyme, I had no idea of the research that’s been going on with cancer and other inflammation-driven conditions. According to other research I’ve happened upon, it’s even holding great promise for neuro-inflammatory conditions.

cavalier
    Participant

I have artemisinin on my list of possibles 😀 I recently came across this on a doc’s blog – great anti inflammatory good for cancer but also a immune modulator -I would use it instead of Plaquenil – but for now is listed along with GMAF & Beta Glucans. Definitely is of interest – will look into this some more after these next couple of weeks. I want to see what HBOT can offer.

Many thanks for sharing this Maz.
    Jill SD

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.