Home Forums General Discussion panicking in Canada

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    matv
    Participant

Thanks Maz. My arthritis has practically diminished the past couple weeks to almost nothingness. It’s almost scary. If this is Lyme, is it normal for spontaneous stopping of symptoms like this? Crazy.

Anyways I’ll post an update with what Dr. C states in may.

Im hoping everyone here gets the help they need. In an ideal world we’d all be healthy. Goodluck everyone!

Denyse
    Participant

@Denyse wrote:

So its awesome you have a doctor who is covered under OHIP that is willing to go through these ropes with you

I just arrived in Victoria BC .. and my appointment to see one of the few practicing Canadian LLNDs is may 9th in Richmond BC. Im excited but government health care wont pay for these visits…

matv Good news that you have an appointment with a LLMD, doesn’t seem right that anyone should have to pay to see specialty doctors, but sometimes we have to look at it that there are people that spend thousands of dollars more on things that do not matter much in life. So if I have to spend a few thousand dollars a year or more on health, I don’t mind at all, it is hopefully saving my life and to me that is more important than any thing else I could buy.

@Maz wrote:

You might want to check to ensure that first western blot was run thru IGeneX or whether it was just a standard test. While IGeneX is preferred by LLMDs, as it is much more sensitive and includes extra antibody bands, the standard test is notoriously inaccurate, missing half of all cases.

MAZ I will definitely check to be sure it is from IGenex, but I have the IGeneX test kit now anyway. Thank You for all the info on Lymes and PM’s with info on Doctors. I will be talking more with my Doctor on Monday.

I just got home from an 8 hour round trip to pick up Brand Minocin, I spent this morning phoning long distance to every pharmacy possible, and hit gold 😀 I was on my way by 11:30 this morning, long drive but well worth the trip, now I have about a 5 mth supply.

CANADIAN LIVING IN CANADA
    Diagnosis/ Diffuse Scleroderma since 05/2006
    Current Meds: Methotrexate, Minocin, Zantac, Rabeprozale, Zopiclone
    Current Supp: Nattokinase, Serrapeptase, COQ10, Milk Thistle, Folate,, B12, D3, Melissa, UP4 probiotics, N-A-C
    medical MJ
    Current Extras: FIR

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.