Home Forums General Discussion Pains that crop up out of nowhere…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jennhere
    Participant

So, I'm doing really well.  No more swollen finger.  No more anything.  For about 3 months, nothing hurt.  Then a twinge or so.  Now, I've been in a kind of mild pain in my fingers flare.  How normal is that?  It's been going on for a few weeks.  I have only taken some motrin a couple of times for it.  The rest of the time, it's bearable.  I'm a little creaky in the morning all of a sudden… only in my hands. 

I'm going through a lot of stress, looking for a new home to buy.  I've been ignoring the pains for awhile, but was thinking a little reassurance wouldn't hurt.  Maybe- hearing that weeks/months long mild herxes are normal would put me at ease and help me wait it out without panicking.  You know, I'm good at that….

Jenn

linda
    Participant

We know stress lowers our immune system, and moving is definitely stressful, so it might be a mild flare. I don't have the knowledge or experience to tell you how to handle it, my knee jerk reaction would be to temporarily increase the abx, but that may not be the right thing to do. Hope it resolves soon,

linda

Bill
    Participant

It is a herx. You have made amazing progress in a short period of time. Many others worsen for 6 months or much longer before they  see a turnaround. You have been fortunate, and there is no way you are not going to need to do some more herxing  to clean it all out. Id  say rejoice for the herx as you are killing more bugs.  No herxing, no  real progress. At least at this stage.

You are also under stress, our ultimate enemy. Not a surprise you would have a bug  kill off now. So “steady as she goes”.Stay the course. Maybe take the NSAID's with the minocin to be sure it get's through the inflammation. You are going to be fine, well, perfectly healthy.

At some point in your recovery I'd consider switching AB'S to a different one as Dr. Brown suggest's in his book. Relax your doing great. 🙂

Bill

Jennhere
    Participant

Phew…!:cool:  Thanks.  I needed to hear that.  I was getting spoiled with the zero pain phase.  It's such a bummer when it creeps back in and reminds you that…it lives

I also suspect I have an incorrect understanding of a herx.  I think of a herx  lasting a day or two.  When pain goes on for a few weeks… I think it can't be a herx.  Plus, when something hurts, everthing in me screams… something's wrong!

Ok.  I can crawl back onboard the mental stability train now.

Jenn

marg
    Participant

Hi Jenn, I can only tell you that my daughter who has RA and continues to take Minocin, is usually symptom free and leads a normal life. However, when she gets overtired and/or stressed some RA symptoms recur – not as severe, but still there. Clearly,for her, stress and fatigue affect her immune system.

This is usually short-lived and she is getting better at pacing herself and learning to relax. ( I know sometimes that isn't always possible). So I think if you hang in, BE GOOD to yourself, that things will be OK.

You have done amazingly well and I wish you all the best!

Ellen RA-AP
    Participant

Same thing happens with me, although I don't think I have ever thought the disease was gone, I have periods that I think WOW, I am almost there, and then it creeps back in.  Even with my sjogrens I will think it is gone and then I wake up at 2am with my mouth sealed shut.  But always I know I am getting better, and I know that I am so much better since minocin came into my life.  It's just not a perfect cure, like strep is gone, it is  a long cure.  But seriously, you are a different person than the one that came to the road back a year ago.  If you changed your name I would never have guessed it was you.  I think you are wonderful and a true asset to people who come online now not feeling well.  You should be proud of yourself.:dude:

Jennhere
    Participant

Thanks guys.  Bwt, Ellen, that wasn't me a year ago… that was some deranged:shock:, pain-mad:angry:, ignored-patient:headbang:, hopeless:(, scared:crying: single mother of three.  This happy-go-lucky person:roll-laugh:… that's who I really am.  I hated what I became too.  I didn't know that person existed inside of me.

Jenn:cool:

Ellen RA-AP
    Participant

You should see my beast…my poor family!:shock:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ Pains that crop up out of nowhere…’ is closed to new replies.