Home Forums General Discussion Ouch

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    wendi
    Participant

I started Ap with every other day dosing two weeks ago and was doing ok.  Then Dr told me to increase to every day dosing.  I did four days in a row and OUCH.  I haven't taken it now or two days and am still in quite amount of pain.  I have done the peroxide bath, lemon water, and benadryl at night and advil.  Can anyone suggest anything else to get rid of this pain.  i am going to take 100mg tomorrow and try m-w-f dosing.

thanks

wendi

linda
    Participant

You could try some alternative pain therapies such as acupuncture or warm water therapy. Also think about naprosyn OTC (like Aleve), sometimes it works better than ibuprofin. Make sure you take it with food. Good luck,

linda

deeS
    Participant

Hi wendi,

I m reading posts, and wonder how you are doing. I see my doc (rheumy) on Thursday and think I will be starting the AP.  I am actually doing ok right now.  Taking Plaquenil, Mobic, and weaning off Pred. 

How much of the mino are you taking now? 

deeS

wendi
    Participant

I am doing okay.  I haven't been on Ap very long at all.  Jus 3 weeks.  I take 100mg m-w-f right now.  I was taking 100mg every day, but I herxed pretty bad so I went back down for the time being.  In a couple of weeks I will try going back up a little slower.  I have to work and take care of my kids so I can't be out of comission for any amount of time.  Good luck.

wendi

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Wendi,

Did your doc explain why he or she wanted you to go to daily dosing? If you're remaining steady on 100mg MWF and taking into account your need to function, do you think the doc would agree to letting you stay on this dose for a while to see how you go? 

Peace, Maz

wendi
    Participant

Yes, I called and I am going back to m-w-f and then if I need every other day and then up from there.  I was trying to get this taken care of while I am off for the summer, but my kids still need me here at home.  It's not fair to them so I am going to take it slower now.  I heard some people don't ever need more than m-w-f.  Iss that true?

wendi

RA 05 AP 06/08

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=94]wendi[/user] wrote:

I heard some people don't ever need more than m-w-f.  Iss that true

Hi Wendi,

A number of people do very well on 100mg MWF. Others do well on 100mg MWF twice a day…and others still on daily dosing with the Harvard Protocol. It really depends on how each person reacts, which is why it's always suggested to start low and slow.

Here are a few links under the Education Tab that may help with understanding the rationale for low, pulsed dosing, where less was generally considered to be more by Dr Brown. There is a lot of great information on the main website.

Current Protocol – determining dose:

https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=studies.display&display_id=183

Historical Protocol-Increasing the dose:

https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=studies.display&display_id=184#Anchor-Increasing-49425

Historical Protocol – The hypersensitivity reaction:

https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=studies.display&display_id=184#Anchor-The-14210

Hope these help some, Wendi.

Peace, Maz

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ Ouch’ is closed to new replies.