Home Forums General Discussion Ouch!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    reesak
    Participant

I have been on Zithromax for 4 days now for Lyme disease and I ache all over and hurt in about 5 joints –  please tell me that is because it is working!!!!  Until around noon I can hardly function.  I am taking 5 mg of prednisone (I know you're not supposed to be on pred for Lyme but my functional med doctor said it's okay at 5 mg if I need it to function for a couple of months!)

Some encouragement, please.

Thanks,

ReesaK

nspiker
    Participant

Hi reesak,

It could be a herx, or it could be needing to detox, as the antibiotic is killing the bugs.  If we don't detox enough, the die-off recirculates within our body, which makes us sick. 

Are you taking the lemon/olive oil drink and hydrogenperoxide/epsom salts baths?  What are you doing to move the toxins out?  I like Apple Pectin because it binds the bad stuff and has no side effects.  Are you using any liver, kidney, lymph drainage like Pekana? 

It has to be working, or you wouldn't feel so lousy.  I don't believe you should have to feel lousy to get better.  Try one thing at a time; start with the bath, and see if you have improvement.  This lyme-thing is not for sissys! 😯

nancy

reesak
    Participant

thanks, nancy – I will try the epsom salts bath – I don't think I'm ready for the olive oil drink but will try apple pectin as well.  You're right – this isn't for sissys – all you can do is take it one day at a time.  It's just so frustrating because I have 3 kids under age 10 and the house is a disaster!! Luckily my husband is very supportive and tells me to just do what I can do and rest when I need to rest and he helps out a lot. 

Thanks for the encouragement. 

ReesaK

nspiker
    Participant

Reesak,

Here's another thought.  The apple pectin is great for binding the toxins.  Take three pills at a time, twice a day, away from abx.  Also, make sure you are excreting stuff regularly (know what I mean?).  You've got to get it out of your body.  Maz has posted about Oxy-Powder being good for cleansing.  I take two nightly.  It works.

Keeping up with three kids would be a challenge, especially in the summer.  I have an almost 13 year old daughter, so I can only imagine that times three!  That's great your husband is supportive and willing to help out. 

Is this the beginning of your lyme treatment?  The key is to listen to your body, and eventually you will begin to know what to do.  It's a work in progress…

nancy

reesak
    Participant

this is the beginning – I was on mino 50 mg a day and I think it was helping but my doctor wanted me to go off that and start Zithromax – I may ask him if I can take it 3 times a week or something because I think it really helped.

ReesaK

nspiker
    Participant

I am still on minocycline, along with all the babesia abx.  Don't know why you can't stay with the mino.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=2332]reesak[/user] wrote:

this is the beginning – I was on mino 50 mg a day and I think it was helping but my doctor wanted me to go off that and start Zithromax – I may ask him if I can take it 3 times a week or something because I think it really helped.

Hi Reesak,

I just started the Zith/Mepron combo in early June and saw my doc a few weeks ago. My herx hit exactly on day 10 and lasted one day (mind you, I am further along than you and Day 3 has been a pattern for me till then with other abx). I awoke and couldn't lift my arm and my knee blew up…by evening it was pretty much gone and as if it hadn't happened. From there on out, it was just improvements. My LLMD said Day 10 is classic for herxing with zith. That said, I think there is probably room for individual variation and, certainly, in the early days we're just a lot more reactive and hypersensitive.

Is there a reason you can't be on mino and zith together? This combination is brilliant for many here.

Btw, the lemon/olive oil detox drink just tastes like lemonade…not oily at all and nicely refreshing. 🙂 Nancy is right…doing what you can to detox while herxing should really help flush out those toxins while the die-off is flooding your body.

Hope you can get past this pain soon, Reesak…I empathise and know it's tough, especially so with young kids, I'm sure. Hang in there!!!

Peace, Maz

reesak
    Participant

thanks for the encouragement – I need all the help I can get.  I think I will go back on the mino – just 50 mg a day seemed to make such a difference.  I am also going to be on UltraFlora IB and IgG 2000 prescribed by my functional medicine doctor – one is a probiotic and ther other an immune system booster – waiting for them to come in the mail.  Also had a kind of a breakdown this morning with crying but I guess that is to be expected – I try to be strong every day for my kids but some days I have to just let it go and have a good cry!!

Thanks again,

ReesaK

Donna RA
    Participant

Nancy,

Sorry to hijack this thread Reesak, but I need to ask Nancy about Pekana?  You mention lymp drainage and I know that I need to do that but can't always go for massages.  Do you currently use it?

Thanks,

Donna RA and Lyme

Healer
    Participant

Hey,
    Have a good cry..it's cleansing, but know that this is a moment in time that you will pass thru. You are so much more powerful than you feel right now.
    What the mind can imagine, the mind can create.

You can do it and the kids learn compassion early 😉

Blessings to your day.

Joy,
    Cheryl

BJK7493@aol.com
    Participant

Hi, was reading your response and was wondering what the ratio's were for the lemon/olive oil drink? Also where do you get Apple pectin from?  Is it pill form or liquid?

Julie

nspiker
    Participant

Donna,

Yes, I am using Pekana drainage products; apo Hepat, Itires and Renelix.  It comes in a three-pak.  My LLMD recommended the product and said a number of lyme docs, including Dr. H. in NY, were having good success.   I use it because it helps to keep my body draining. 

Also, I attended a lyme conference and a fabulous pediatric llmd gave a presentation on all these Pekana, Syntrion and San Pharma homeopathic products.  It convinced me that it was a good addition to support lyme protocol. 

Julie,

The lemon/olive oil drink is one whole lemon (pulp and all) in a blender with 1 cup water and two Tbsp. olive oil.  You can also add some juice.  I add stevia to sweeten, and it tastes great.  Then strain the juice from the pulp mixture, and drink.

I get Apple Pectin from Viable Herbal Solutions, but I know Twinlabs also makes it.  It's in pill form.

http://www.viable-herbal.com/singles/herbs/s904.htm

nancy

BJK7493@aol.com
    Participant

Thanks so much for the recipe!

Julie

mschmidt
    Participant

Reesak,

I'm sorry to hear about your pain but, I agree with what's been posted.  It could very well be a herx, and it's very important to help your body get rid of the toxins/die-off.  Maz's point is well taken about the Mino/Zith combo being brilliant for a lot of folks.  I'm going to be embarking on that combo, along with Tindamax and Valtrex in the next few weeks.  I'll make sure I post any changes I notice—I'm a little scared of the new protocol, but strangely excited about herxing…

I'm happy to hear that your husband is being supportive and helping with your kids–that support is much needed during this difficult time for you.

Good luck, and keep us posted on how you're doing.

Maria

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘ Ouch!!!’ is closed to new replies.