Home Forums General Discussion Oral infection connection?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Sierra
    Participant

I had somewhat dismissed people's posts about the evils of root canals…until today. I had a root canal done in 2002 (my one and only). The dentist had some difficulty with the procedure and it never felt quite right–an occasional dull ache. I just found out from an endodontist that I have a low grade infection going on. The x-ray from 2006 looks the same, so the infection has been present for at least that long. I'm guessing it's been there from the start since it ached from the start. That's 6 years walking around with an infection! And, my diagnosis for RA came about at that time.

Sierra

casey
    Participant

Sierra,

if you go back and read my past posts on this subject, you will find ones that talk about my 12 yr old son , who had 2 roots canals full of infection.  It was never seen on xrays and everyone thought i was crazy( including me at times) for having his 2 permanent front teeth pulled out and a denture put in.( he had no pain or nothing, just a crazy mother who believed the research) However , after 6 different dentists and one who knew about how root canals work, he removed them . The tissue was full of infection and if i had have not seen it or SMELLED it myself, i would never have believed it could be that bad. My son had those root canals for 2 1/2 yrs. I remember holding his hand when they werre pulling them and wondered if i was doing the right thing.I was crying  harder than he was. In the end i was so thankful for trusting the research and my sinstinct on this subect.

Gutta pertcha is what is commonly used for root canals. It never seals the root and should never have been allowed to be used. It harbors bacteria in everyone who has them.Now holistic dentists are refusing to use it and they have moved on to a “calcium” root canal filler .

Amazing what you find when you look. Scary too!

Casey

casey
    Participant

Also , a great book on this subject is “Dr George Meinig, Root Canal Cover -Up”.

Funny, he was the founder of root canals ( not the testing labs) . After he retired , he found paperwork that was hidden from the dentists and public of the toxic effects of root canals. He then went the other way and started testing tissue around the root canals and also took sample of what was in the gutta pertcha and injected it into rabbits. Well the findings astonished him. All animals developed arthritis of one kind or another.

this book is a good read. If i had not even considered this possibility, my son would have continued harboring this bacteria and his chances of getting worse would have been much greater AP or no AP.

Casey

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

This is all really bad news for me, I have had 17 root canals. One is currently infected. Yikes! Can you go back and have them redone with the calcium instead of the gutta pertcha? I really don't want to have 17 teeth pulled!

Chery

casey
    Participant

Cheryl,

You can have the gutta pertcha removed and the calcium put in .That was a option for us but I chose the complete removal . As often found , when the whole tooth is removed , infection is usually found in 1 millimeter of the tissue SURROUNDING the tooth and 1 millimeter in the bone socket as well. 1 millimeter of both those areas MUST be curretted with a certain drill.

In some , this low grade infection goes on to form NICO , neuralgia inducing cavitational osteonecrosis. Usually pain is felt with this at which time you KNOW you have a problem. For many however, there is no pain, no ill affects , the low grade infections from the bacteria keep going on in our bodies and we begin different symptoms and/or chronic illness.

If my son  had switched from gutta petcha to calcium, the infection would  still in in the tissue and the bone thus compromising his immune system and increasing the bacterial load. Blood does not flow through bone or root canals in the first place so even left in and on abx, the abx would never get to the site of infection.

Funny you mention this, i talked to DR P , the ped about this as well. He had a tooth pulled instead of a root canal He didnt like what he knew about gutta pertcha. He said if he had of known of the calcium at the time, he would have opted for it and kept the tooth. Calcium is fairly new and most dentists use gutta pertcha because it is cheap…for them..and most don not recognize what root canals can do no different than the infectious theory.

Cheryl, i would get that book and talk to some different holistic dentists.

I would like to also add i know someone who had severe CFS/fibro. She was very sick and also had root canaled teeth . No symptoms of a problem FELT with the teeth. In searching for her underlying problems, she had her root canaled teeth removed. The roots were completely black when removed. Full of infection and rot! And no pain. she had other problems as well that needed tending to. Today she is well.

Casey

richie
    Participant

Hi
    Its not the gutta -perchas that is the problem –the problem is the capability of the dentist –too many dentists use a bad fitting gutta percha point to send down the canal–if this point doesnt fit exactly –bacteria will accumulate –As I understand the process which is highly complex –the root is removed –the bottom of the canal is shaped and sized to accept an exact fitting gutta percha point with absolutely no airspace at all –then the rest of the canal is filled —the material of the point isnt the problem –the problem is the competency of the dentist –the same could happen with any point made of any material —suggest folks do some research into this before committing to having their teeth removed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Richie

casey
    Participant

The point i am making here, is ,gutta pertcha is a product that ALWAYS shrinks. No matter how good or bad the dentist is , gutta pertcha shrinks. The dentin tubes dont shrink..ever. And there are 3 miles of dentin tubes.

Yes Ritchie, one definitely must research this before having their teeth out.  I for one , am soooo glad i did .I was very skeptical about the root canal theory and research but something kept at me to pursue the removal of the teeth. i seen and smelled  the results of those root canals  myself . Thats as close and as convincing as to any lab experiment i could have been present for.

There are  many sites that speak about this but 2 that narrow done much important info from the “root canal cover up book” are http://curezone.com/dental/root_canal.asp  and http://mizar5.com/coverup.htm

Even though there are plenty of ill people out there who have never had  root canals , some of us have FOUND proven focal infections that needed to be addressed in order to lessen the bacterial load . Never would i suggest people just go have their teeth out, but research it, and i for one, will never underestimate what bacteria can do. IN MY HOME, there is no theory to root canals and infection, there is FACT. Again, this fact applies to MY HOME.

One has to do their own work to find what may contribute to their illnesses.

Casey

Catty
    Participant

I have had Scleroderma for close to 30 years now…

I am in remission…it went into remission on it's own after many years.

At the time I was diagnosed with SD…people were not doing AP Therapy.

However I just had to post and tell all the trouble I have had with my teeth…I have had at least 5 root canals in my life and as I sit her typing I am having pain again in m the right side of my mouth and have draining in my right eye…I started taking antibiotics on my own and now I am scared to have  a root canal…what do I do?

Dr's don't like for you to tell them what to do…lol…The dr's I have been to really resent you acting like you know maybe  a little more than they do. What I mean is that many Dr's do not know that much about Scleroderma and then when I sit there and tell them certain things that they do not know I can sense them pulling away so to speak…

I have got to go see a dentist this week sometimes and I know what he will say…

YOU NEED A ROOT CANAL!:shock:

Help!

Catty~

richie
    Participant

Hi
    If its a rear tooth –you might just consider pulling it
    richie

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=643]Catty[/user] wrote:

What I mean is that many Dr's do not know that much about Scleroderma and then when I sit there and tell them certain things that they do not know I can sense them pulling away so to speak…

Hi Catty,

Don't know if this will help, but have heard others here on the BB discussing Biologic Dentistry…dentists who treat their patients from a holistic vantage and use alternatives to some of the more standard dental practices. While a biologic dentist may not be fully conversant with scleroderma, per say, they might be more sensitive to your needs.

The International Academy of Biological Dentistry and Medicine

http://www.iabdm.org/

Peace, Maz

Catty
    Participant

Thank you both for your replies…I am taking antibiotics right now hoping that will help me…it is a rear tooth. I went to those links and read them above explaining all about this with the root canals and it made sense to me. I do appreciate this information so much. We can never learn to much about our health. It is so strange that I have had so much trouble with my teeth and by the way…my teeth do not have any cavities in them…they were in good shape however I still got abcesses on the root…weird …huh? It was like…they looked good on the outside but had an abcess on the root. Then I got Scleroderma…nobody else in my family has anything like it…No RA  or Scleroderma.

Hmmmmmm…..Very strange.

Thank you both again!

Have a great day!

Catty~

John McDonald
    Participant

some of us have FOUND proven focal infections that needed to be addressed in order to lessen the bacterial load .

I have monitored this bulletin board and the MP board for years now. It is extremely common for us rheumatic (or Th1) sickies to have bad teeth, bad gums and general dental problems. If our diseases are microbial of the mycoplasma sort of CWD bacteria then it just makes sense. CWD bacteria including mycoplasma must have a host cell. Mycoplasma in particular prefer to live in macrophages. That is about like looking in all of our tanks and troop carriers in Afghanistan and finding Taliban and Al Qaeda inside. The white cells and macrophages just don't work right when they are parasitized, else they would kill the pathogen. So it isn't clear to me which came first, bad teeth or bad macrophages, but I expect one to follow another and I plan on both improving on AP/MP. I haven't had dental problems since I started AP. They used to find nasty pockets measuring 4's and 5's routinely. That used to hurt quite a lot when they put that measuring needle in those deep pockets. And nothing I did hygiene wise seemed to make it better. Now they say I'm doing fine and have said so for years since AP. I still have my root canals and I plan to keep them until all else fails. But if you haven't any tanks to kill the dental microbes….

Check this link for an animated graphic of a Mycobacterium Tuberculosis that is parasitizing a white immune cell (macrophage).  Click the link for tuberculosis.

http://www.sp.uconn.edu/~terry/Common/phago053.html

john

lauram
    Participant

I had suspected that there was an infection under one of my caps. I would only get a nudge now and then. No pain. Upon having Electrodermal Screening and Cavitat screening it was determined that there was infection in the pulpal chamber. The Cavitat I had done twice, a couple years apart.  The second definitely showed a deterioration in the tooth. And the one next to it. It was a bridge and the rear abutment and the natural tooth behind it were removed. My EDS practitioner was there to test and make sure my dentist (biological) drilled out enough jaw bone to get all the infection. There was no pain in this and even after the extraction, which the tooth popped out with no effort, I had no swelling.

After the procedure I could tell right away that I was more steady in my walking. My hands look much more normal and the joints of them are more pliable. My stiffness has practically disappeared.

EDS showed that Strep and Lyme were in the tooth. I go back to him on Monday to check the rest of my mouth. I know there is a cavitation, but we will look and see if it is affecting me. I fully expect to lose a couple more capped teeth.  The one that was removed had been there for 25 years.

HTH

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘ Oral infection connection?’ is closed to new replies.