Home Forums General Discussion Opinions please :o)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eggs
    Participant

I've been reading alot about Lyme disease and something came to mind. When I was 8 years old, I was bitten by a tick on the back of my neck. My mom found it on the ride home after spending the day swimming in a river at a local state park. She took me to the doctor, but he dismissed it. My question is could that tick bite manifest itself into something over 8 yrs later(diagnosed with scleroderma when 16)? I was thinking about running it past Dr. K next week and just wanted some feedback.

Kim
    Participant

Yes, yes, yes, absolutely get the Igenex test for Lyme.  Look at all of the SD/Lyme people on this board alone. 😯  My SD was totally induced by tick bites.  Lyme can lay dormant for years until your immune system crashes and then can induce any rheumatic disease.  You can use the “search” button for Lyme testing to see how to proceed.  If Lyme is at the root it requires a much different abx protocol and in treating the Lyme you'll also be treating the SD.

Take care…..kim

Trudi
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

Yes, yes, yes, absolutely get the Igenex test for Lyme. 

Totally agree with Kim!!!!

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

spacehoppa
    Participant

I totally agree with Kim too. I was most likely bitten by a tick when I lived in a tick infested forest in Atlanta Georgia, a full 7 years before I came down with the RA.

I think the bug can lie dormant for years, waiting for the immune system to become compromised, then it strikes.

Definitely get tested!

Eggs
    Participant

Thank you Ladies for all the replies. You all basically reaffirmed my instinct. Thanks again!:blush:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Opinions please :o)’ is closed to new replies.