Home Forums General Discussion Off minocycline for 3 days now

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    sierrra
    Participant

I wasn't planning to stop taking my minocycline last weekend–not at all. I love my drug. It has done so much for me and seeing that bottle of capsules in my purse feels the way a security blanket does to a kid. But I was on a raw food retreat, and the med never really seemed compatible with the vegetable juices and green smoothies, etc. I kept putting it off–I'll take it tonight…I'll take it tomorrow…ended up not taking it. That, coupled with a profound yeast infection (and, of course, the fact that I feel good), brought me to this point. I'm a bit freaked out, and wondering what will happen over time. So far, so good. I have started my herbal candida cleanse and am going to keep to a strict diet (I'm sensitive to gluten and dairy).

Would you please take a moment to send me some positive thoughts/prayers? This feels huge. I'll keep you posted!

Sierra

Trudi
    Participant

[user=1037]sierrra[/user] wrote:

Would you please take a moment to send me some positive thoughts/prayers? This feels huge. I'll keep you posted!

You bet, Sierra.  I'm looking forward to hearing how things are going.  Hopefully you can get rid of your “security blanket” for good!!  You are in my prayers.

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

MMW
    Participant

Hi Sierra,

May all your efforts be divinely blessed and bring about a positive step forward toward your health.

You are very brave.  It sounds like you are very in tune to your body.  This is a good thing.   You are more than likely being inspired to go this route.   So keep the faith and TRUST in your decision.

I think the yeast control protocal is a crucial part to getting back your complete health.   It is a very challenging endeavor to get it under control.   But it is not impossible.   You will do it …I am sure.

Have you considered to get the extra help of using DIFLUCAN from a candida literate dr.?

MMW

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Lots of positive vibes coming your way, Sierra. You certainly seem tuned in to your body, so I'd trust in that. 

In any event, the AP literature does tend to state that a break of 1-4 weeks is usually fine, 'without fear of losing ground' (Solving the Puzzling Problem of Arthritis pg 170). How long you decide to take your break probably depends on a number of factors and I'm guessing you will be across most of those. 

I notice from another thread that you have been on mino 200mg 7 days a week for 3.5 years. Maybe if and when you decide to restart, you could trial a pulsed regime and perhaps a lower dose. That may well assist with your issues with candida. And dont forget changes in regimes can elcit a herx, so dont be freaked out by that.

Be well! Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Kim
    Participant

Done.  Positive vibes coming your way, Sierra. :blush:

Good luck……kim

anjoe
    Participant

That sounds like great news! I wished you the best and pray for your remission….

Diagnosed with PM/DM on 10/09 after muscle biopsy. Also Diabetes 2 at same time. Being tested for Celiac Disease currently. Have found AP Dr. Trying to determine best AP therapy for my conditon.

Davit
    Participant

Three comments.

One. I know of one other person who got off and never had to start again.

Two. I have stopped and started again a number of times for circomstances beyond my control with no adverse reaction.

Three. good luck with the remission, don't forget us.

Davit.

mschmidt
    Participant

Sierra,

The most courageous (and frightening) thing you can do is listen to your body, and trust that it will tell you everything you need to know to get well again.  You have been on a long journey, and your instinct is telling you what you need to do so, follow it.  Just think of all the knowledge you have gained over the last 3.5 years!!  If you start to flare, or feel like you are getting worse, you'll know what to do.  How empowering is that??!!:D

I will have you in my prayers, and will be sending you tons of positive energy.  You always have a place to voice your concerns and fears, as well as your success story.  That's what is so cool about RBF–the support doesn't end at remission.

The best of luck to you, and please remember to keep in touch!!

Maria

Rosey UK
    Participant

Oh! well done Sierra,

Thats great news but don't be scared you're doing great. It sounds to me like youv'e done your time with the abx and now you are well enough to let your body do the rest.

Like the others say have faith but most of all have the belief and happily go forward.

I'll say a prayer for you, but you can have a word too and remember to say the words “Thankyou for my healing”  say as often as you can during the day.

love Rosemary :roll-laugh: :roll-laugh: :roll-laugh:

sierrra
    Participant

I love you guys!!! Thanks for those wonderful words.

Sierra

Patti D
    Participant

Sierra,
    Do you feel the love??? I am not just sending good thoughts your way but positive energy for a lasting healthy feeling that never leaves you. You know when one of us gets better we all feel better!
    Sending well wishes your way!
    Patti

sierrra
    Participant

[user=287]Patti D[/user] wrote:

Sierra,
    Do you feel the love??? I am not just sending good thoughts your way but positive energy for a lasting healthy feeling that never leaves you. You know when one of us gets better we all feel better!
    Sending well wishes your way!
    Patti

I DO feel it and it's wonderful. True heartfelt support. I do Healing Touch, so if you're sending me healing energy from afar, I know that is good stuff! Thank you, dear ones.

Sierra

Maz
    Keymaster

Sierrrra! Sorry to come in here late, but just wanted to add some words of encouragement to everyone else's. I had to come off mino last spring for a month or two and was absolutely fine with no backward steps. This sort of time frame should give you a good idea as to how you're going to fare and,as Lynnie mentioned, whether you will need to go back on a low maintenance dose or not. So, I absolutely second Lynnie's comments and wish you all the best as you use this “free” time to work on the candida issues. If you can get some labs run in a month or two to check on how your RA numbers are doing, this should also give you further heads up of how to proceed, either way.

You're likely already aware that you could get some die-off from the candida cleansing, so this could be a little unnerving, too, but hang in there and stay strong. You have a ton of cheerleaders who will be here every step of the way! Gooooo Sieeerrrraaa! :dude:

Peace, Maz

sierrra
    Participant

[user=27]Maz[/user] wrote:

Sierrrra! Sorry to come in here late, but just wanted to add some words of encouragement to everyone else's. I had to come off mino last spring for a month or two and was absolutely fine with no backward steps. This sort of time frame should give you a good idea as to how you're going to fare and,as Lynnie mentioned, whether you will need to go back on a low maintenance dose or not. So, I absolutely second Lynnie's comments and wish you all the best as you use this “free” time to work on the candida issues. If you can get some labs run in a month or two to check on how your RA numbers are doing, this should also give you further heads up of how to proceed, either way.

You're likely already aware that you could get some die-off from the candida cleansing, so this could be a little unnerving, too, but hang in there and stay strong. You have a ton of cheerleaders who will be here every step of the way! Gooooo Sieeerrrraaa! :dude:

Peace, Maz

Thank you, Maz. Funny, I always wanted to pulse dose, and every time I tried, the pain would come back within a day. I figured that when I got further along in recovery I would do that, and then gradually (or maybe never) end minocycline treatment. It's been five days off mino now with no pain anywhere in my body. Very strange. I've been eating very clean since last weekend's raw food retreat and have had a swim and two saunas in the past 5 days. I've also been getting weekly acupuncture. Today is my third day on the cleanse, and starting tomorrow I'm supposed to double the dose, so I am prepared for some die off symptoms :-p In addition to the CandiGONE kit I purchased, I've also started taking dried cranberry capsules. I had never heard of that for candida until I started researching this stuff online. Also, when I bought the kit at the co-op, there were two other candida treatments available–one of them was a New Chapter product with cranberry as the only ingredient. Dr. Andrew Weil (I love him) prefers and personally uses that brand of supplement. So…it's watchful waiting.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1037]sierrra[/user] wrote:

In addition to the CandiGONE kit I purchased, I've also started taking dried cranberry capsules. I had never heard of that for candida until I started researching this stuff online. Also, when I bought the kit at the co-op, there were two other candida treatments available–one of them was a New Chapter product with cranberry as the only ingredient. Dr. Andrew Weil (I love him) prefers and personally uses that brand of supplement. So…it's watchful waiting.

Same here, Sierra, I'd never heard of cranberry for candida either, just for cystitis. Let us know how it works for you. I'll be very interested to know what success you have with it. I like Dr Weil, too…but I have a bone to pick with him about liver/gall bladder flushes which he disses on his site. I've had GB stone issues twice in 5 years and both times I did a liver/GB flush I managed to clear them and avert surgery. I wrote to him about my experience, but never got a reply. 😛 I guess anecdotal stories don't count? 😉

Peace, Maz

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ Off minocycline for 3 days now’ is closed to new replies.