Home Forums General Discussion Nystatin and Diflucan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tiff
    Participant

I?m nine days into a round of Nystatin for yeast and about to start a 5 day course of Diflucan.  Last year I took a round of Nystatin and did not notice anything particular.  This year I feel lousy.  Mind you, I have been feeling lousy anyway, but it is even worse now.  I?m having those severe, migratory joint pains to the point of overlapping this week with no break at all between them.  I am not having any digestive issues.  This makes me think that the pain is unrelated to the medication, just my sickness getting worse and worse, which is putting me at the end of my rope.

Can anyone tell me about their experiences with these yeast medications??  Is there any possibility that they are causing a Herx?  At this point it does not feel to me like the Minocin is having any affect on the joint pain whatsoever, and it is hard to picture this slow, gradual decline I have been experiencing is any type of Herx.  This is really, really getting me down.

I WILL be starting MP once I have gotten my blood tests, but that is going to be a while since I would like to do the 5 days of Diflucan, and my insurance company can?t seem to accept the referral my PMC is putting in (I am sorely angry at the hold up!).  I will make a good test-case for those folks on this board interested in MP.

Anyway, I am so sorry to have to post for more support, but I feel like the boy who cried wolf around my house? my hip hurts, my shoulder hurts, my wrist hurts etc?.  Who could possibly take me seriously after a while?  And to others I must seem like a complete idiot by now as they wonder why I don't take RA meds like a NORMAL person would.  Frankly, I am wondering myself today.  I don't really have to answer to the outside world.  Right now I am just in hiding, but that is depressing, too.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Dear  Tiff
    If you dont get responses that you need here, try rheumaticsupport.org. Many of the gals over there are on yeast meds most of the time. They will also have alot of alternative suggestions for helping with your pain. I do hope you get some relief soon. Lynnie

span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

lauram
    Participant

Tiff, I am sorry you are feeling so badly. I know what you mean about being taken seriously. People don't understand. I was complaing about feeling bad to my husband one day and he said, “well, laura, you complain all the time.”:X

I took Nystatin, but quit when i found out it had sugar in it.:shock: It was the liquid.

I am taking Diflucan. I haven't noticed a real difference, but i figure it is getting rid of the yeast so that has to help somewhere.

yes, the girls at rheumaticsupport are wonderful:dude:

laura

Tiff
    Participant

Yep, that is exactly what my hubby said to me recently.:crying:  I wanted to throw something at him.  I know he is trying really hard to be supportive, but everyone has their limits.  Everything is managable if I have some breaks from the pain and can sort of keep up with my “chores.”  But lately that is slipping and everyone feels it.

I'll check over there for more ideas.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ Nystatin and Diflucan’ is closed to new replies.