Home Forums General Discussion Niacinamide turns production of TNF-a (tumor necrosis factor) like Rx Enbrel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

Quoting from Painfree in Six Weeks by Dr. Sherry Rogers. page 133, under paragraph heading The Niacinamide-Arthritis Connection:

“Niacinamide, a form of Niacin or vitamin B3 (but without the flushing of B3), has turned down arthritis and other forms of pain through a number of mechanisms.  Like the $1,000/month prescription drug for rheumatoid arthritis, Enbrel(R), it turns down the production of TNF-a (tumor necrosis factor) which is elevated in rheumatic joints.  Coupled with this action is inhibition of a number of other sophisticated processes that also help to create inflammation and pain. 

“Because most pain stems from inflammation and inflammation produces oxidants that perpetuate the vicious cycle of inflammation and pain, it makes sense to combine niacinamide with a major anti-oxidant that can also beef up the detoxification pathways.  Arthrogen combines 500 mg of niacinamide and 200 mg of N-acetylcysteine, which among other things, boosts glutathione for detoxification of free radicals that cause pain.  Take Arthrogen (Metagenics) three times daily.” 
    [End of quoted material — page 133]

My local PCP has encouraged me to use one of Dr. SR's detoxification protocols which utilizes several products.  Before ordering the ingredients for this protocol, I went to http://www.needs.com and got the 800 number for Needs, and placed a call requesting to speak with a healthcare counselor (free service).  Apparently, many people use Dr. SR's protocols, and when I spoke with the counselor, she was very familiar with Dr. SR's current, updated protocols, and guided me to a more recent recommended product in the protocol.  For this reason, whenever I'm ordering products associated with Dr SR's recommendations, I first check with a counselor to make sure I'm getting the most current recommendation.  In Dr. SR's books, she gives specific types, brands, amounts, etc. in the back of the book, so we don't have to guess.  She states she accepts no monies from any company.  Her books are not available from usual book stores, but I've found them available on http://www.prestigepublishing.com and http://www.healthybynature.com.

AF

Lizz
    Participant

Dear AF-

I too am a big Sherry Rogers fan as well as  Jacob Teitelbaum's books. Sherry's book No More Heartburn ended my nexium habit. I think the more you know your body the more what they recommend makes sense. I believe in selective supplementation in that , I need to limit my pill popping so I can actually get some work done during the day! But I agree niacinamide looks promising . Thanks so much for the post. P.S. I got all the books from them on Amazon.

Joe M
    Participant

Checked out prestige publishing.  Got a kick out of the title “Detoxify or Die” – like you have a choice in the matter 🙂

A Friend
    Participant

Joe,

You're right… none of us will get out of this world alive.  On a serious note, however, it is possible to have a lot more years of life (and good life) IF we learn about what is trying to kill us off at an earlier age than we should be leaving. 

Such was my choice about 1994:  if I were to not turn “toes up,” I had to find another, better way to manage what was going on in my body.  The things I learned then, and since then, have served me well.  Dr. William Crook's work was available at that time, and his work and himself personally became my guides.  Had I been a more astute “student”, I would have learned more, and learned it sooner.  

I'm eternally grateful for the years between then and now — most of them since that time were quite good, some not so good, but they caused me to learn what I needed to know.  (Pain can be a good teacher.)  And, I want more of those good years with family and friends. 

In the past year, my education has been greatly accelerated by what I've learned; and, knowledge along these subjects just keeps increasing, to my wonderment about how much more our medical community in general did/does not know, that some of the complementary and holistic physicians and healthcare professionals do know.  Hopefully, one of these days these things will be common knowledge, and not stay hidden “under a basket.” 

One day at a time… on the “Road Back,” 

AF

Joe M
    Participant

Glad you took it in the spirit which it was intended. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Niacinamide turns production of TNF-a (tumor necrosis factor) like Rx Enbrel’ is closed to new replies.