Home Forums General Discussion Niacinamide Research & Usage

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

I was about to post this to our Member: Anewday, and decided to make it a new topic instead relating to Niacinamide therapy and arthritic joint damage.

Below is an excerpt from a study on Niacinamide.  I just wrote a detailed post on this and in the blink of an eye, it vanished from the page. (Must learn to compose detailed posts on my PC and then paste them here.)   

It seems that quite a few people with chronic illnesses are deficient in B-3 (Niacinamide) and its deficiency can have some serious effects — in joints and as the cause other serious maladies. 

I first posted about this subject some time ago with information from Thorne Research giving details of numerous serious diseases with this as a deficiency and perhaps a major cause.
    http://www.thorne.com/media/niacinamide_mono7-6.pdf

Now… later… I'm reading this same deficiency can be a cause in joint destruction…. and in joint repair.  Am hoping this information may be helpful for many. 

Besides the “doctoryourself” link below, as well as the Thorne Research on B-3 previously mentioned, there is a link to a  paper on this subject on Arthritis Trust.org:   http://www.arthritistrust.org/Articles/JWrightInterviewsWilliamKaufman/index.htm

http://www.doctoryourself.com/kaufman6.html , [/color]be sure to read the section with the heading:  A WORKING HYPOTHESIS:
    THE DEGENERATIVE PROCESS AND THE REPARATIVE PROCESS IN JOINTS

The following excerpt is from the link just above and is quite interesting:

For purposes of this study, a detailed enumeration of the incidence of various diseases in the population group examined would be of no significance, since it was found that no  matter what associated diseases the patient had, his joint dysfunction responded in a  predictable way to adequate therapy with niacinamide, to premature cessation of such therapy, or to the substitution of inadequate for adequate therapy. A partial listing of various diseases other than joint dysfunction seen in this group of patients may, however, be of some interest: gall-bladder disease (with and without stones), chronic  hypertrophic gastritis, duodenal ulcer, diverticulosis of the colon, cardiospasm, multiple  intestinal polypi, irritable colon, Paget's disease of bone, post-menopausal osteoporosis,  multiple sclerosis, syringomyelia, spastic paralysis, chronic and acute anxiety states,  anginal syndrome, arteriosclerotic heart disease, rheumatic heart disease, anemias,  myeloge nous leukemias, allergic diseases, fibroid tumors of the uterus, hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, diabetes, gout and arrested lues (48). [end of excerpt]

I and one of my grown children both tried this as a supplement (not for joint repair) and had almost immediate, noticeable positive benefits from it for motivation and wellbeing. We always take it with a multiple vitamin/mineral OR with a B-complex… this is very important.  I tried two different brands and two different recommendations for frequency and dosage.  I found a noticeable better benefit when I took the Solaray brand Niacinamide 500 mg capsules taken once daily (do not purchase “niacin” for this; it is not the same thing, the only ingredient reads: Niacinamide and that name is on the bottle). It's very inexpensive.  Our B vitamins are made in our guts by our good flora.  B vitamins are necessary for our body to function properly.  With our chronic illnesses and medications, our good flora takes a beating, and this affects our supply of B-vitamins. 

Best to you,
    AF

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘ Niacinamide Research & Usage’ is closed to new replies.