Home Forums General Discussion Newbie to forum – my story

Tagged: 

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Maz.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dave22x2
    Participant

My name is Dave, & I was diagnosed with RA in late 2004. I found out about AP while researching my options and the protocol made sense to me. After visiting a few doctors (they didn’t believe in AP), I was able to get an appointment with Dr. Sinnott. After my visit with him in Iowa, I was on minocycline twice a day. It was a rough 6 months or so as my pain and stiffness was severe. However, little by little I improved and stayed with the treatment. After a year, I was pain & symptom free. Dr. Sinnott refilled my minocycline prescription each year and I did wonderfully for 14 years. After Dr. Sinnott retired completely I stopped taking the antibiotic for a few years..However, two years ago some symptoms started creeping back, but nowhere near as severe as originally. I found another AP doctor who provided me with minocycline again, and after a couple of months was symptom free once again. Unfortunately, this doctor seems to have now retired and I am in need of another source. I read on the forum about an NP in Iowa who has kind of taken over for Dr. Sinnott and I hope to contact her in order to continue protocol..

For me, this protocol definitely saved the quality of my life.. Who would think such a simple treatment could have spared me from a lifetime of toxic and expensive drugs..Dr. Sinnott was great & have my fingers crossed on a replacement

Maz
    Keymaster

Dave, what a great story and so nice of you to share your success with AP with us all. Your story would be a wonderful addition to the main site Stories section. When you feel ready, please do post it here:

Tell Us Your Story

While doing your researches, did you read “The New Arthritis Breakthrough,” by Henry Scammell? Great book that outlines the history and rationale for AP in treating rheumatic diseases. I must have read it 5 or 6 times in my first year to keep me going.

Thank you again!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.