Home Forums General Discussion New Year/new regimen

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Rockin Annie
    Participant

Lynnie, thanks will let you know how I go with both :blush:.

Vinny, I did try it with pineapple juice, but I don't know if it was my imagination or not, but afterwards I kept getting a really odd aftertaste, I thought maybe it was the powder so I changed back to tabs, I will start again on the powder tomorrow.

Katie, I didn't notice any improvement until I think it was about 24,000mg and then all of a sudden, but really I think it must have been a subtle change. Something must be working if your knees are feeling a touch better, your funny, I remember reading one of your posts way back when I first came here about your hiking, and I thought to myself wow if thats what Abx does I am going for it too. I too went along with my kids to the dam for some water ski ing and they conned me into getting on the biscuit, wow did I have a great time and what a giggle. I wouldn't have dreamed of doing that a few months back.:blush:.

Keep us posted on your bloods………..Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

katieb
    Participant

That's great Annie that you are able to do something so energetic and really enjoy yourself – and I love hearing about all your dancing too ! 🙂

Long may the improvement continue !

By the way, are you able to get sheep's cheese in Aussie ? It doesn't have the same strong flavour as goats and is yummy. Another snack I enjoy here is Japanese rice crackers – can you get those. I don't suppose the coating is all that healthy but the basic snack is just rice at least. 😎

Katie

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

katieb,

Running is a really good sign.  I remember when I first ran again.  I was at the barn and without thinking, I took off running after a horse.  I stopped and got so excited when I realized what I was doing.

Susan

Parisa
    Participant

If you don't  mind the green onions, one way to cut the taste of strong cheeses is to eat with some onion.  Wonderful with flat bread or pita.  Of course, I can't have that with anymore since I'm gluten free.

Another nice combination with the goat cheese or feta, is to eat it with grapes and walnuts.  A bite of this, a bite of that.  It makes a nice snack or breakfast.  My Persian mother-in-law soaks the walnuts overnight in water.  It freshens them up and probably makes them more nutritious. 

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Katie. I don't know if we can get sheeps cheese, maybe Lynnie would know, if not will ask around. I live on rice crackers, but not the coated ones I try to stick to the seaweed, and lots of advocado dip :).

Love onions, Parisa do you mean shallots?, love those too.  I really do miss my cheese , so I will keep trying different ones until I find one that I like.

…………….Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Annie – yes you can get sheep's cheese in Oz. However, goat's cheese is the only one that came up okay for me. However, I have just checked and apparently sheep and goat's cheese both okay for the lactose intolerant. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Rockin Annie
    Participant

[user=30]lynnie_sydney[/user] wrote:

Annie – yes you can get sheep's cheese in Oz. However, goat's cheese is the only one that came up okay for me. However, I have just checked and apparently sheep and goat's cheese both okay for the lactose intolerant. Lynnie

Great stuff Lynnie, thankyou will try……………….Annie

katieb
    Participant

Annie & Lynnie : The particular sheep's cheese I really like is this one

http://www.wensleydale.co.uk/ewesmilkwensley.html

Not very likely that you could get hold of that (they will ship internationally but I guess that's not ideal for a fresh product and would probably cost a lot), but perhaps there is a similar one made nearer to you.

Susan – Great story about running after the horse ! You are a great inspiration !

Katie 😀

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Thanks Katie. We do have alot of sheep in Oz (not as many per capita as NZ but still LOTS!) and goats too for that matter. Plenty of fresh varieties available here. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

katieb
    Participant

Hi Lynnie,

I did wonder about the sheep in Oz, as as you say, we always seem to hear about them in NZ, and have NZ lamb on the supermarket shelves, but not Aussie lamb. I am just reading Bill Bryson's book 'Down Under' to try and find out a bit more about your intriguing country, and he's made it so far from Sydney to Adelaide by road, but hasn't mentioned sheep yet !

A lot of my orienteering friends will be coming over to Oz in 2010 for the World Masters (for that read Old Fogeys) Orienteering Championships (can't remember which part it's in just now), but don't think we'll be joining them as not really in peak form at present, and hubby never really got it back together since we had the twins 16 years ago ! He He :roll-laugh:

Anyway, you certainly should be able to find some good sheeps cheese. I think Feta is from sheep isn't it, but that has a much sharper taste than this wensleydale.

Baa, but definitely not humbug !

Thanks,  Katie 😀

Kim
    Participant

Manchego is my favorite sheep's cheese — comes from Spain. 🙂

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Australia was always traditionally known as 'living off the sheep's back'. From today's The Australian newspaper, however, a report that our prolonged drought has meant that sheep numbers for wool are now very down, though 76 million is still alot of sheep (and lamb numbers for meat export are up!). Dont think Annie will have any trouble finding sheep's milk cheese. 

After prolonged drought, the national sheep population is forecast to fall to just 75.9 million this year, less than half the 174 million head recorded in 1989 during the wool boom when wool exports topped $6 billion a year. However, while wool exports have fallen, lamb exports have soared. In 1988-89, Australian lamb exports earned just $111million. In 2007-08 that figure had jumped to $803 million.

Be well! Lynnie

Rockin Annie
    Participant

I have eaten feta cheese for years up until being dairy free, how silly of me, just found out it comes from goat/sheeps, can you believe I have stayed away from it all this time looking for a cheese that I can eat. :roll-laugh:.

I bought some special goats cheese from a organic shop, it was so strong, I will have to check the ingredients, maybe there is a difference.

………………..Annie

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Annie – I wouldnt assume it's sheep's milk cheese. See below. Lynnie

Feta is a classic and famous Greek curd cheese whose tradition dates back thousands of years and is still made by shepherds in the Greek mountains with unpasteurized milk. It was originally made with goat's or sheep's milk, but today much is often made commercially with pasteurized cow's milk (the firmer cow's milk version is made for export). The curdled milk (curdled with rennet) is separated and allowed to drain in a special mold or a cloth bag.  It is cut into large slices (feta means 'slice') that are salted and then packed in barrels filled with whey or brine.
    Its fat content can range from 30 to 60 percent; most is around 45 percent milk fat. It is now made in many countries, but usually the pasteurized cow's milk version, on a commercial scale.

Be well! Lynnie

Parisa
    Participant

Annie,

I think green onions are the same as scallions and shallots are different.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘ New Year/new regimen’ is closed to new replies.