Home Forums General Discussion New To AP – Does This Make Sense?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    louris
    Participant

Hello.  I've suffered with Ankylosing Spondylitis for quite a while now.  It's been about nine years since my initial diagnosis and 10 years since I started having pain, stiffness, etc.  I believe I diagnosed in a timely manner due to previous IBD with surgical intervention.  My rheumatologist prescribed minocycline for me once I started peppering him with questions bacterial causes and treatment using antibiotics.  He mentioned his familiarity with Dr. Brown and The Road Back, but never indicated his level of familiarity.  He also didn't send me away with anything more than a prescription.  I am in the process of doing my due dilligence via the web site, will be obtaining and reading a copy The Road Back soon, but have not yet filled my prescription.  My question is:

The prescription for the mino was written for 50mg twice a day for two weeks, then 50mg twice a day every other day.  Most of what I have read to this point indicates that dosage is safest, and perhaps most effective, at once a day either every other day or Monday, Wednesday, Friday.  Does this schedule seem feasible or should I pursue additional discussion with the MD about a more “relaxed” schedule?

Thank you.  Any help or insight is appreciated.

marg
    Participant

When my daughter started to take MInocin for RA she was prescribed 100mg twice a day every day. It was too much and made her very sick. On her own she changed to “pulsing” MWF same dosage and began almost immediately to make good progress.

So I think a lot depends on your own reaction once you start taking the meds. The lower dosage you were prescribed sounds like a good start to me. Good Luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘ New To AP – Does This Make Sense?’ is closed to new replies.